Hello - I'm new

Closed Thread
Old 07-27-2016, 10:04 AM
Default Hello - I'm new

Hi Everyone - We are getting ready to put our house on the market and move to TV. I started reading TOV and Girl Talk and I'm addicted already! This is such a great forum.

I saw someone on Girl Talk make a comment about being concerned about UV nail lights. I've done my own acrylic nails for 40 years without access to professional products. So when I retired about 6 years ago, I decided to go to school and get my professional nail license and learn to do them right.

There is little chance that anyone with normal skin is going to get cancer or suffer serious side effects from any nail lamp. If you are concerned about the effects, you can always wear the gloves that are made specifically for use with UV/LED lamps, but I wouldn't let that stop me from having beautiful nails.

"To be honest, there's not a simple answer about the danger of the UV rays in gel nail lamps," says Chris Adigun, MD. She's a clinical assistant professor of dermatology at New York University School of Medicine.
"But I wouldn't spend time worrying about the UV exposure from these lamps," she says. "The risk of malignant cancer due to nail lamp exposure is extremely low."

If you are interested in a detailed/technical explanation of the difference between the traditional UV and the newer LED lamps, let me know. I will be glad to post the information.
Closed Thread

Tags
nail, lamps, professional, years, nails

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.