Dermabrasion, is it worth it?

Closed Thread
Old 02-08-2014, 10:43 AM
Default Dermabrasion, is it worth it?

Dermabrasion on face: need your opinion positive or negative. Any recommendations where to get it done would be appreciated.
Old 02-08-2014, 12:50 PM
Location: The woods of the UP of Michigan and the Village of Pinellas

There is dermabrasion which is a medical/surgical treatment where essentially the superficial layer of skin is removed. Microdermabrasion is a very superficial removal of the dead skin laying on the surface of your skin.

Don't know which treatment you may be interested in. PM me if you would like to discuss options.

I'd rather regret what I've done, than regret what I've left undone. Lucille Ball
Old 02-09-2014, 08:15 AM

I have a microdermabrasion procedure done monthly called Silk Peel when I am home in Rochester. My skin has never looked better. No more sallow looking complexion. With microdermabrasion the more you have it done, the better the results will be. I pay $125 per session.
Old 02-09-2014, 08:52 AM
Gold member
Location: Bought Tamarind Grove, Mercer Island Wa, previously NH,FLA,Hi,CT,CA,GA, Hubby from Hawaii

I have seen these advertised and often wondered if they would be good or bad for your skin. In the old days in Hawaii people with bad acne scars used to have their face sanded I assume this is a deep Dermabrasion. But I never knew a non Asian/Polynesian having it done.
Old 02-09-2014, 09:10 AM
Dancing Thyme

I've been wanting to get it done but would love to hear from someone who has had it done and where they had it done. I sent Suzi a PM for more information.

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

(For those who know me) I consider ON TIME to be when I get there.....
Old 02-09-2014, 10:00 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrudyM View Post
I have seen these advertised and often wondered if they would be good or bad for your skin. In the old days in Hawaii people with bad acne scars used to have their face sanded I assume this is a deep Dermabrasion. But I never knew a non Asian/Polynesian having it done.
I remember having a conversation with a Japanese woman who was in her 80's and remarking of how beautiful her skin was, she told me that the Japanese women "shave" their faces to get rid of the dead skin cells everyday. It must work b/c her skin did nor have one line on it!! :-)
Old 02-09-2014, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzi View Post
There is dermabrasion which is a medical/surgical treatment where essentially the superficial layer of skin is removed. Microdermabrasion is a very superficial removal of the dead skin laying on the surface of your skin.

Don't know which treatment you may be interested in. PM me if you would like to discuss options.
I've had this done for many years and LOVE it! Now there is a wonderful new resource here in TV - Suzanne is a Nurse Practitioner, so she has the medical knowledge and the ability to access safe medical practices. She will consult in your home which is so convenient! If you want her contact information, private message me and I'll help you connect.
Old 02-11-2014, 04:55 PM

Hi ladies, just had a relaxing microdermabrasion done in The Villages, followed by a wonderful facial massage. I love when I can get somewhere by golf cart. I went to Aesthetic Skin Solutions of The Villages on Old Camp Road. I had been going to Marlene at the Sharon Morse Building but she moved to Celebration, FL. Too far and not golf cart accessible. Ruth Ann at Aesthetic is very knowledgeable, and very easy to talk to. I made my next appointment before I left.
Mrs. tghoul
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.