Belle Glade when will it open?

Closed Thread
Old 09-22-2014, 10:01 AM
Gold member
Default Belle Glade when will it open?

We went by Belle Glade Country Club and it looks like it could open very soon. The pro shop looks like all they need to do is stock it and open the doors. The restaurant looks like all they need to do is put in the tables, chairs and bar stools and they are ready. The course looks like two of the three nines are ready for play.

The restaurant had a sign that they are interviewing and hiring. A while back it was on TOTV that the owners of Bonifay and Evans Prairie are going to operate Belle Glade is that still the plan? The restaurant looks like the same floor plan as Evans Prairie.

The view from the restaurant outside dining area to me looks like the best view from a Country Club in The Villages. The view of the golf course is so expansive and the water that goes for a long way on the course is just beautiful.

I was told that this course being the last championship course in The Villages will be one of the finest courses that we will have. Also with Lopez in the Northern end of The Villages, Palmer in the middle and Belle Glade at the southern end that these are the premier championship courses in The Villages. Has anyone else heard the same?

It sure looks like The Villages again has hit a home run!
Old 09-22-2014, 10:23 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy-Guy View Post
We went by Belle Glade Country Club and it looks like it could open very soon. The pro shop looks like all they need to do is stock it and open the doors. The restaurant looks like all they need to do is put in the tables, chairs and bar stools and they are ready. The course looks like two of the three nines are ready for play.

The restaurant had a sign that they are interviewing and hiring. A while back it was on TOTV that the owners of Bonifay and Evans Prairie are going to operate Belle Glade is that still the plan? The restaurant looks like the same floor plan as Evans Prairie.
w from the restaurant outside dining area to me looks like the best view from a Country Club in The Villages. The view of the golf course is so expansive and the water that goes for a long way on the course is just beautiful.

I was told that this course being the last championship course in The Villages will be one of the finest courses that we will have. Also with Lopez in the Northern end of The Villages, Palmer in the middle and Belle Glade at the southern end that these are the premier championship courses in The Villages. Has anyone else heard the same?

Around mid-November
Old 09-22-2014, 10:54 AM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy-Guy View Post

The view from the restaurant outside dining area to me looks like the best view from a Country Club in The Villages. The view of the golf course is so expansive and the water that goes for a long way on the course is just beautiful.

Yes, Fred will have it. He also will have Orange Blossom along with Bonifay, Evan's Prairie and Scooples.
Old 11-26-2014, 04:34 PM

Does anyone know what the "winning" bid for playing first of the last championship course, Belle Glade? Golfer in the family is curious.
Old 11-26-2014, 05:58 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVJewel View Post
Does anyone know what the "winning" bid for playing first of the last championship course, Belle Glade? Golfer in the family is curious.
From the online newspaper;

Beginning promptly at 4:30 p.m. Wednesday, Nov. 12, in Lake Sumter Landing, the golf division will be “auctioning” off the opportunity to be one of the first 27 foursomes to play Belle Glade later this month.

There was a story in The Villages Sun about a week ago that some fellow walked up to the auctioneer at the square and asked what was the highest bid so far, they answered $400. He took out his checkbook and wrote one for $1,000. I don't remember if they said that was the top bid, but it would seem like it. Anyway, I would want to know if they played yesterday or did they get a rain check to come back today or tomorrow?
Old 11-26-2014, 09:59 PM
Eternal Member

I heard they got rained out & changed the day.
Old 11-26-2014, 11:04 PM
Veteran member

We have a tee time for Thanksgiving Day....and really looking forward to it!

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.