Best golf courses to show off The Villages to friend

Closed Thread
Old 02-13-2017, 08:57 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,093 Times in 1,328 Posts
Default Best golf courses to show off The Villages to friend

I have a friend coming by this week to see why I like The Villages so much. What would be the best Country Club course to play/show off? Which Executive courses for a quick round would be recommended?
Old 02-13-2017, 09:09 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bay Kid View Post
I have a friend coming by this week to see why I like The Villages so much. What would be the best Country Club course to play/show off? Which Executive courses for a quick round would be recommended?
I would go to Sarasota. To me the most beautiful executive course here.
Old 02-13-2017, 09:12 AM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,299 Times in 536 Posts

For executive courses I would play one or two of these: Palmetto, yankee Clipper, Truman or Volusa. Championship I would definitely play Belle Glade because I know from playing recently it is in great shape. I also like Cane Garden but haven't played there yet this season. Play from the set of tees that fit his skill level and have fun!
Old 02-13-2017, 11:29 AM

If he is a good golfer and Phuu Phus executive courses take him to Pelican. It will humble him.
Old 02-13-2017, 07:28 PM
Default Best Villages Golf Course

I also agree that Belle Glade is the most beautiful championship course. We have played it quite often. As for executive courses, Truman has excellent views, and is reasonably challenging.
Old 02-13-2017, 07:34 PM
Platinum member

What is this "quick round" of which you speak
Old 02-13-2017, 09:19 PM

I vote for Hacienda CC and then have lunch outside on the veranda. For Executive play Pelican, Heron or Mira Mesa.
Old 02-13-2017, 10:04 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,558 Times in 507 Posts

All the championships are in great shape; the only quick round you'll get at the execs will be if you go off the first tee time .
Old 02-13-2017, 10:52 PM
Platinum member
Thanked 2,470 Times in 611 Posts

For an executive course Volusia is really nice. Great views of The Villages - can see 5 TV water towers from one of the holes. It is quite pretty with rolling hills.
Nice long par 4, 361 yds, with steady long slope down - there is a large bell on a post to ring once reaching a point close to the green to alert the 4some behind that they can tee-off. The greens are extreme-undulating and quite challenging.

Sarasota driving range and practice bunkers/chipping/putting is right next door.

----------------------------------------
Volusia is the 33rd addition to the Executive Golf Trail. If you enjoy elevation changes, Volusia is the course for you. Beginning on the first hole with a climb to the top of a hill, once on the second tee you will see views that are seen only at Volusia. Volusia is a par 28 and includes tees for golfers of all abilities.
Old 02-14-2017, 06:56 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Being as I've only played a few, no idea on the executive courses.

But for the championship layouts, the Laurel Valley to Riley Grove rotation at Palmer Legends... is unbeatable in my book.
Old 02-14-2017, 07:58 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

If you're just playing 9 holes at a championship, I agree with the above poster that Palmer - Riley Grove is the one to play, I just played it Friday and it was pretty nice. That's the course that borders Lake Sumter that can be seen from the square. Laurel Valley, that would indicate that we have some tough courses since I think it's would of the most difficult and maybe skip that one for now. If playing 18 I would agree with the others, and play Belle Glade, especially Calusa and Tequesta, Seminole is kind of funky because you have that long cart ride to the 5th hole and then it sort of just wraps around in a circle. I like Calusa the best, in fact I'm playing there on Thursday.
Old 02-14-2017, 08:09 AM

My favorite executive course is Truman. The view from hole 2 is unbeatable. I have played most of the championship courses and think Glenview is the prettiest.

You are going to get as many different answers as posts to answer your question! Everybody has different tastes and preferences. What a boring world it would be if everyone was the same.

---She was only a whisky maker, but I loved her still.
Closed Thread

Tags
friend, villages, courses, club, play/show

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.