Course and Slope Ratings

Closed Thread
Old 02-11-2017, 07:45 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts
Default Course and Slope Ratings

Where can I find the course and slope ratings for the executive courses?
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 02-11-2017, 08:32 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,042 Times in 369 Posts

Golf scores on executive courses are not recorded for handicap purposes. Executives are not rated and slopes are not provided. You can find this information on golf the villages website under FAQs re: handicaps. It's actually an informative read.
Old 02-11-2017, 09:33 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagboy View Post
Golf scores on executive courses are not recorded for handicap purposes. Executives are not rated and slopes are not provided. You can find this information on golf the villages website under FAQs re: handicaps. It's actually an informative read.
Exactly.
Old 02-13-2017, 09:19 AM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

I looked on the website and couldn't find anything so thank you for the information.

Unfortunately, this is ridiculous. There is no reason that we can't have ratings and slopes for these courses. It's a free service from USGA. All they ask is that you allow the slope team to play a round when they finish their process.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 02-13-2017, 09:33 AM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,313 Times in 546 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr View Post
I looked on the website and couldn't find anything so thank you for the information.

Unfortunately, this is ridiculous. There is no reason that we can't have ratings and slopes for these courses. It's a free service from USGA. All they ask is that you allow the slope team to play a round when they finish their process.
I agree and that would be helpful especially from each tee box. Of Course, I see golfers playing from the wrong tees everyday on both the executive and championship courses.
Old 02-13-2017, 10:07 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr View Post

On the golf thevillages.com homepage, click on "golfing in the villages" then the click the "handicap" option. There is helpful information there.
From what I've seen, read, and remember, slopes and golf course ratings are only applied to 18 hole courses in part because of the data needed by raters before they even start the process. This would be a great question to ask the USGA as they would have the facts. To be clear, I'm only guessing.
Old 02-13-2017, 11:04 AM
Sage

If the local USGA representatives want to...short courses CAN be rated.

However, that index (handicap) ONLY applies to that particular course.

Short Course Handicap

Quote:

The short course handicap cannot be applied to other layouts.

That means the four players gathering on the No. 1 tee have an accurate sense of their ability for only that facility. By the time they progress to visiting other courses, they should have graduated to standard-length layouts and receive a handicap index that can be applied anywhere. In the meantime, they'll have the footing to mark their own development from their earliest steps in the game.
Old 02-13-2017, 01:41 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdNoMore View Post
If the local USGA representatives want to...short courses CAN be rated.

However, that index (handicap) ONLY applies to that particular course.

Short Course Handicap
More good info. Thanks for that link.
Old 02-13-2017, 03:37 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagboy View Post
More good info. Thanks for that link.

My pleasure.
Closed Thread

Tags
ratings, slope, executive, courses, find

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.