Golf Lessons

Closed Thread
Old 08-19-2014, 08:49 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr View Post
....Make sue that your team mates know that you are an absolute beginner. Ask them to help you understand the etiquette and rules of the game, but not to help you with your swing, especially if you are taking lessons.

If someone you are playing with decides to point out some flaws in your game, just say, "That's exactly what I'm working on with my instructor." Then ignore what they're telling you.

Also, while more expensive, I think private lessons are more effective!! The Villages Golf Academy has some excellent instructors....352-259-8121.
Old 09-02-2014, 02:08 PM
Default Excellent and inexpensive golf lessons!

My wife and I just finished golf lessons at The Links of Spruce Creek. They were $30 for a couple and $20 for single. We also received 3 free tickets each to play the golf course and a BOGO lunch for 5 days. Lessons are from Mon-fri. and you only pay for the ones you attend in case you are sick , etc. and you can make them up the next week if u decide to. Lessons are from 9:15 - 11:30. Just call Spruce Creek & they will connect u to Links Golf Academy. Dave ? And Don Nix are the instructors. Highly, highly recommend them!! Have fun!
Old 09-02-2014, 04:58 PM

I am coming down the first week of October, and plan to take up golf lessons pretty quick. I haven't golfed for @11 years and even then I wasn't very good, so I thought I could use some good lessons. What about the Golf Academy across 466A? Does anyone have any experience with them and are they expensive? Sandra sounds really good as well as others you have recommended. Thanks for any information you can give me! Looking forward to being there!
Old 09-03-2014, 12:33 AM
Platinum member
Location: Brooklyn, Queens, Nassau County, Evansville IN, Boca Raton, Toledo OH, Pennecamp

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalGranny View Post
Any advice for a golf true beginner? Are there basic lessons/ introduction to the game anywhere in a TV?
Give Sandra Chester at Oxford Golf Center a call. Look them up at Golf Your Best, Inc. (GYBI) (352) 446-2255 cell (352) 751-5122 office - Home. I highly recommend them. They will soon be starting a "new golfers" school and still have some openings.
Old 09-03-2014, 04:30 AM

Sandra Chester Golfyourbest.com
Fabulous PGA Instructor. Has group and private lessons. She is the best in this area - and the driving range is fabulous. Great value.
Old 09-03-2014, 09:47 AM
Sage

If you want golf cart accessible, "New to Golf" at Palmers with Maria is great.
Palmers is located in The Villages, very close to Lake Sumter Landing.
You'll learn the basics and meet other newbies.
Old 09-03-2014, 10:10 AM

I vote for lessons at Palmer. Maria and Wade are great. The advantage to taking the New to Golf at Palmer is that you are then able to borrow a set of clubs for up to 3 days at a time free for a year. If you don't have clubs this will allow you to try different brands before you buy. We did this for 3 months before buying. BTW, I took a private lesson from Sandra. She was OK. Spent too much time on the history of golf which I don't care about. Just wanted to improve swing. To each their own.
Old 10-31-2014, 11:53 AM

Check out The Sand Trap Golf Academy behind the Walmart off 466.
Go see Chad Orbaker he is a PGA certified among other accreditation's I'm sure.
He is very understandable and has helped me tremendously as an experienced player to reduce my handicap. As well as my wife who is new to the game
If you find a good instructor who you like who is knowledgeable, stick with em' because they know you and your swing.
Good Luck
TTT
Old 10-31-2014, 02:49 PM
Sage

Does any pro work with golfers who have a disability, like a bad back? I'm sure every pro would not turn down the work. I'm just wondering if anyone who suffers from a bad back found a pro that understood the problems of bending and twisting and could adjust your swing.
Old 10-31-2014, 09:44 PM

Golf Your Best is not accessible by golf cart.
Old 11-01-2014, 04:47 AM

Thanks to each of you for the great information and advice! I just love that people on here are so helpful.

Old 11-04-2014, 07:20 PM

I took private lessons and LOVED Golf Your Best Group. I learned a LOT more!! Another vote for Sandra!
Old 11-05-2014, 09:46 PM

If you want a great lesson for the right price go see Chad Orbaker at The Sand Trap Golf Academy. He is very passionate about his craft and will leave no stone unturned in the quest for you to better yourself. You will be hard pressed to find a better teacher in the Sumter County area.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.