golf at the next level

Closed Thread
Old 04-17-2014, 05:51 PM
Default golf at the next level

Today I stopped on 441 at the golf shop called "golf at the next level". The salesman explained what they were about which is fitting your clubs to you, adjusting whatever can be adjusted. They also have a system to help you with your putting, etc.

Question: Does anyone have experience with this operation? I know they will try to sell me a custom set of clubs, that's a given. However I'm interested in whether or not their club adjustment is worthwhile. Thanks.
Old 04-17-2014, 06:45 PM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,310 Times in 544 Posts

I don't know about this particular golf store so can't say how professionally competent they are at club fitting. I do believe that "proper clubs" make a difference in your golf game.

That said, if you don't have a "Competitive swing" a proper fitted club will do you little good. The best money most of us can spend on golf is with a good golf instructor.
Old 04-17-2014, 07:24 PM

If this is the shop just south of 466 on 27/441 that just says GOLF above the door, I don't think he'll try to sell you new clubs. I haven't been to this shop but my friends that have tell me he works with your swing and alignment and makes adjustments to the clubs you already have. They were very satisfied with the him and the adjustments he made. I don't know his prices.
Old 04-17-2014, 07:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justjim View Post
I don't know about this particular golf store so can't say how professionally competent they are at club fitting. I do believe that "proper clubs" make a difference in your golf game.

That said, if you don't have a "Competitive swing" a proper fitted club will do you little good. The best money most of us can spend on golf is with a good golf instructor.

I totally agree with that golf instruction is the most valuable part of your game to invest in. The first part of their strategy is to check out your clubs. This part is $45.00 and they make adjustments to each of your clubs while you're hitting in the shop. We'll see.
Old 04-17-2014, 07:54 PM

Thanks for the input guys.
Old 04-18-2014, 06:53 AM
Sage

You will find the same service at the 2 custom club shops here in TV. The prices are competitive, and part of the fitting charge is deducted from price if you choose to buy new clubs. A fitting also allows you to use demo sets before you buy.
Old 04-19-2014, 09:00 PM

When I buy new clubs I always use my old clubs as my starting point. You want clubs that work better than what you have. And the only way to figure that out is by hitting them at the range. 441 has a net and that's not bad but actually seeing ball flight is important. Arnold Palmer can help you with that. I have compared many drivers to my existing driver. And if the new driver doesn't add distance and improve accuracy I don't buy it. Same thing with irons. 441 will build clubs for you but u have to run over to the range to see what you got. If your not happy you could be going back and forth a lot. Go to the demo days that the county clubs offer. Lastly knock off Chinese clubs scare me.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.