Golf Specials at Pennbrooke Fairways

Closed Thread
Old 05-02-2016, 12:59 PM
Gold member
Default Golf Specials at Pennbrooke Fairways

Here is an option for golfing without anyone rushing you. Just up the road from Brownwood on Hwy. 44 is Pennbrooke Fairways. They have two specials right now which expire 5/15. Here is the link to the specials. You have to click on the one you are interested in, print off the coupon, and take it with you. They have a restaurant there (not sure what the hours are).

Play All Day - $25.00 includes cart & tax

Afternoon Delight - $16.00 includes cart & tax
Old 05-02-2016, 02:08 PM
Gold member

You have no links in your post.

As to being "hurried"....if you play golf properly then you are never hurried. You can be a low, high or any handicap and play at a proper pace. Only entitled people think they have the right to take as much time as they'd like when it involves other people.
Old 05-04-2016, 08:32 AM
Gold member

Here is the link for the coupons: The Club at Pennbrooke Fairways
Old 05-04-2016, 08:39 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,361 Times in 2,394 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fred53 View Post
You have no links in your post.

As to being "hurried"....if you play golf properly then you are never hurried. You can be a low, high or any handicap and play at a proper pace. Only entitled people think they have the right to take as much time as they'd like when it involves other people.
Wow!
Old 05-04-2016, 05:56 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoGeo View Post
Here is an option for golfing without anyone rushing you. Just up the road from Brownwood on Hwy. 44 is Pennbrooke Fairways. They have two specials right now which expire 5/15. Here is the link to the specials. You have to click on the one you are interested in, print off the coupon, and take it with you. They have a restaurant there (not sure what the hours are).

Play All Day - $25.00 includes cart & tax

Afternoon Delight - $16.00 includes cart & tax
One hour and forty five minutes to play a 9-hole executive course is not "hurried" on planet earth.
Old 05-09-2016, 04:01 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by fred53 View Post

Absolutely!

You can be a quick golfer without hurrying or rushing, simply by making the effort to think a couple of steps ahead.

Being ready to play when it's your turn (or even when it's not, if no one else is ready to hit), get off the cart and walk over to your ball with the club you think you may need along with one more/one less, look at your putt from different angles (without bothering the other players) BEFORE it's your turn, fiddle-fart with your bag when it's not your turn to hit and many more other little tips can speed up play significantly without needing to rush or hurry.

It really boils down to a mindset of trying to be courteous to others, instead of only being wrapped up in yourself.
Old 05-09-2016, 05:10 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

On Wednesday April 20th when the winter rates were still effect myself and a friend went to Evans Prairie and paid for 9 holes, $26. It was the third wave, teetime was 4:20, but you can play as long as you like. There was no one in the clubhouse and no one on the first tee, the starter let us tee off at 4:05. We never encountered another golfer and played Egret to Kildeer 18 holes and finished at 6:55. I shot 87 my friend 91, we play from the blue tees. I could of broke 80, I lost several strokes on the greens. They were aerated so every putt rolled bumpy and they had no sand down, very slick. So you try and putt firm to keep on line and if you missed the cup, you rolled six feet past. I had one 4 putt and several 3 putts.

The point was, when 2 guys know what they're doing and don't drive back and forth across the fairway, you can get out of the cart and walk to your ball while the other player is hitting, don't take upteen practice swings, land in a trap on every hole, stay out of the hazards, you can play 18 easily under 3 hours. My longest round was in March 2012, I played Havana, (Hemingway to Kilmanjaro) as a threesome and it took 5 hours and 5 minutes that day. I remember that round and day because it was the first time I broke 80 here since moving down in 2011, shot a 78 from the blues that day and I don't know why since we waited so long every hole.

PS, I've never played Penbroke because first, I heard it's a par 60, not a full size course. Second, if you play Belle Glade, I believe it's the Tequesta nine, and I think around the 5th hole, you actually parallel a hole at PennBrooke. You're just separated by a fence and you can see it's not the greatest as far as layout or conditions. It's probably better than Lake Miona in Wildwood, which has to be the worse course ever. You can play that course for $22 anyday of the year, but after I played the one and only time, I felt they should of paid me.

Last edited by John_W; 05-09-2016 at 05:20 PM.
Old 05-09-2016, 07:21 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,562 Times in 508 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
On Wednesday April 20th when the winter rates were still effect myself and a friend went to Evans Prairie and paid for 9 holes, $26. It was the third wave, teetime was 4:20, but you can play as long as you like. There was no one in the clubhouse and no one on the first tee, the starter let us tee off at 4:05.
Wait a minute - there was no one in the clubhouse? Did you mean the starter shack? There's always at least two staff members in all the clubhouses until 6pm.
Old 05-09-2016, 07:23 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcrazorbackfan View Post
Wait a minute - there was no one in the clubhouse? There's always at least two staff members in all the clubhouses until 6pm.
Since he said they had paid (indicating someone took their money), I read it that there were no other potential players in the clubhouse.
Old 05-09-2016, 08:17 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,562 Times in 508 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdNoMore View Post
Since he said they had paid (indicating someone took their money), I read it that there were no other potential players in the clubhouse.
Oops! My bad. This advancing age thing makes me sometime speed read through stuff without grasping pertinent info; trying to cram as much stuff into what time is left.
Old 05-09-2016, 08:43 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,343 Times in 519 Posts

As to being "hurried"....if you play golf properly then you are never hurried. You can be a low, high or any handicap and play at a proper pace. Only entitled people think they have the right to take as much time as they'd like when it involves other people.[/QUOTE]

Tags
specials, includes, cart, tax, fairways, pennbrooke, restaurant, coupon, print, play, $25.00, afternoon, delight, $16.00, day, hours, 5/15, rushing, road, golfing, option, brownwood, golf, expire, link

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.