greens fees

Closed Thread
Old 08-07-2012, 04:21 PM
Default greens fees

We will be renting for Jan and Feb '13 and we are trying to find out the cost to play golf at both championship and executive courses. We will be renting from a home owner. Can someone help us with what the charges will be to play? Thanks; we are excited to check out TV for a few months and make a decision about retiring here!
Old 08-07-2012, 04:27 PM
Sage

If you go to golfthevillages.net, you'll see all the fees, and the change date to winter rates
Old 08-07-2012, 04:32 PM
Veteran member

Here is the page with the greens fees for the Championship courses.
http://golfthevillages.com/images/winterRates2012.pdf If you get an ID from the home owner ($50.00) you can play the exec courses for $3.50. Getting a tee time is a bit different than elsewhere go here to see what I am talking about http://www.golfthevillages.com/tee-times/index.asp
Old 08-07-2012, 06:22 PM
Sage

I'll say getting a tee time is a bit different - here it is in the dead heat of summer and I can't for the life of me get an early tee time for 4 during the next week. Can't even imagine what it will be like in the winter.
Old 08-07-2012, 06:28 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,301 Times in 2,369 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomoho View Post
I'll say getting a tee time is a bit different - here it is in the dead heat of summer and I can't for the life of me get an early tee time for 4 during the next week. Can't even imagine what it will be like in the winter.
I have a foursome, non-priority, and we have been playing all summer in the morning.........usually between 8:30 & 9:30.
How many courses are in your request? How wide is your time window?
We played last winter every week and got bumped..........once.
Old 08-07-2012, 06:32 PM

executives are free if you walk the coarse...easily done because they are almost all par 3's..$3.50 is a trail fee for your galf cart.I played 9 at the mallory hill country club and it was 9 bucks including the trail fee....the beer after the game cost more but enjoyable !
Old 08-07-2012, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomoho View Post
Several items to consider: Are you a Priority Member or just a Resident Member? Add more courses to your request and increase the size of your available time window. It helps to be a little flexible. Look in the Daily Sun at the weeks golf schedule and it will let you know exactly which courses are closed on any given day. Also, because of the wave tee time system, available tee times are from 7:28am - 9:28am and 11:56am - 1:56pm. There are no available tee times between 9:28am & 11:56am.

Go to Golf The Villages, select Golfing in The Villages and then look for "For additional information you can click here to view the Golfing In The Villages brochure" and click on here.

Hope this helps.
Old 08-07-2012, 07:46 PM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,297 Times in 535 Posts

It is easy to walk most of the Executive Courses. However, many are not able for various reasons. The Championship Courses are different story and even when you can walk you better be "Strong and able" because they are built around homes and many times a long way between holes. If you give yourself plenty of window and several golf courses, you can get tee times in the winter. If you don't mind playing as a single, you can play everyday.
Old 08-07-2012, 08:53 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,301 Times in 2,369 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronat1 View Post
Several items to consider: Are you a Priority Member or just a Resident Member? Add more courses to your request and increase the size of your available time window. It helps to be a little flexible. Look in the Daily Sun at the weeks golf schedule and it will let you know exactly which courses are closed on any given day. Also, because of the wave tee time system, available tee times are from 7:28am - 9:28am and 11:56am - 1:56pm. There are no available tee times between 9:28am & 11:56am.

Go to Golf The Villages, select Golfing in The Villages and then look for "For additional information you can click here to view the Golfing In The Villages brochure" and click on here.

Hope this helps.
It is not necessary to look up the closed courses. The tee time reservation system will show closed courses for the day you are requesting.
Old 08-08-2012, 04:35 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

If you make a tee time and don't show up, you are penalized and sent to the bottom of the list.

If others in your foursome play frequently than your foursome will have more difficultie getting the tee time you want because of their frequent play.
Old 08-08-2012, 06:38 AM
Sage

I'm in a couple of 4-somes, and we play 6 days a week. I put in a lot of the requests, and specify usually a 3-4 hour window, and at least 10 exec courses. No problem getting times. That includes right thru last winter. Be flexible, and plan ahead.
Old 08-08-2012, 07:08 AM

You guys are GREAT; what a friendly and responsive community! ALL your information is very much appreciated. We are really excited to spend our winter in TV and look forward to meeting some of you. We have already reserved our golf cart. Other suggestions we might check out before we arrive??
Old 08-08-2012, 09:13 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowder View Post
You guys are GREAT; what a friendly and responsive community! ALL your information is very much appreciated. We are really excited to spend our winter in TV and look forward to meeting some of you. We have already reserved our golf cart. Other suggestions we might check out before we arrive??
Just be sure that your landlord is providing the Resident Guest pass ($50 for up to 2 people). Some landlords include it in the rent, others make it an add-on. Really depends on what you as tenants will be doing if you need it or not, but if you golf, use sports pools or want to do free exercise classes (e.g., yoga, fitness, various classes that regularly fill up) you will want them instead of a regular free guess pass.

It is good for however long you are renting, e.g., 1 month or 3 months, doesn't matter - even up to a year if you are renting for that long.

I would not assume that you are getting it, confirm with your landlord if you haven't already. The landlord (owner) must turn in their resident id's in order for you to get yours.
Old 08-08-2012, 10:06 AM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to eweissenbach

We played at least five times a week in Feb. and March, and were shut out only twice. As far as the country clubs, we prefer to play the Links of Spruce Creek, just northwest of TV for the most part. They run deals advertised on the web if you sign up. Nice course and easy to get on. Summerfield Golf - The Links at Spruce Creek - 352-347-6172 By the Way, if you are using the internet based tee time system in TV (a must IMO), and are signing up for two players, rather than a foursome, you will get more availability.
Old 08-08-2012, 10:35 AM
Default Trail Fees

If you play the Executive Courses, a word about Trail Fees for using a golf cart on the course. They have recently gone up to $4 per person per (9 hole) round. If you are going to be playing a lot, it will be cheaper to buy a 6-month Trail Fee Pass instead of paying each time you pay - a 6-month pass is $105, so if you play as a couple more than 13 times while you are here, you're better off with the 6-month Pass. If you think you will be coming back in less than a year, you might want to even look into the 1-year pass for $141.

I've done the 6-month pass when I've come down for a month for the past couple of summers as a renter and it's a good deal if you play a lot...
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.