Lumpy Donut

Closed Thread
Old 04-28-2017, 02:00 PM

OH GREAT...another thing to worry about in golfing. First I thought it was the clubs...changed them. Then the balls...must be out of round. Even tried different tees....no luck. Then you have the wind. Pushes the balls left or right. LOL Still enjoy the game !!!
Old 04-28-2017, 05:00 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by plrbr1120 View Post
OH GREAT...another thing to worry about in golfing. First I thought it was the clubs...changed them. Then the balls...must be out of round. Even tried different tees....no luck. Then you have the wind. Pushes the balls left or right. LOL Still enjoy the game !!!
Did you know that putting through your shadow slows the balls down as well.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 04-28-2017, 05:52 PM
Sage
Thanked 12,912 Times in 4,143 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr View Post
Did you know that putting through your shadow slows the balls down as well.
well, on Bermuda it does. Did you know that if your ball is resting right on the lip against the grain, if you put your shadow on it (in a timely fashion) it may drop as the grass stands up
Old 04-28-2017, 08:02 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2BNTV View Post

I'm a big Yogi Berra fan. I'm sure Yogi didn't said this but you have a great sense of humor! You should try comedy writing.

Remember, "you have to go to other people's funerals or they won't come to yours". Yogi Berra
Technically, he was 100%correct. What he left out was that the other 1% don't go in either.

I played golf with Roger Clemens back in the 80s and the conversation somehow got turned around to Yogi. Roger told me that he was playing in the Pebble Beach Pro-Am one year and was on the putting green. He didn't have his watch and was concerned about making his starting time. Yogi was on the putting green next to him so he turned and ask Yogi, "Do you know what time it is?" Yogi replied, "Do you mean right now?"
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 04-28-2017, 08:06 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfing eagles View Post
well, on Bermuda it does. Did you know that if your ball is resting right on the lip against the grain, if you put your shadow on it (in a timely fashion) it may drop as the grass stands up
I've heard this thousands of times, but I've never witnessed it. It's entirely possible.

Closed Thread

Tags
hole, donut, mound, lumpy, putts

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.