Online Tee Time System

Closed Thread
Old 09-14-2012, 09:44 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Cool Online Tee Time System

I was unsuccessful in finding an answer to this question via search or the tee time system documentation.

However, I was sure that it was possible to split a large group across two courses at the same tee time. I would like part of the group to play one course (any course) and the other part a different course (any other course) at the same time.

I recognize I could have someone else do part of the group and have 2 reservation requests, but I would like to do it from a single reservation request, if that is possible.

Any help???

Mike
Old 09-14-2012, 10:55 AM

It can't be done.
Old 09-14-2012, 03:23 PM
Gold member

Our Friday group usually has 2 groups on different courses with mostly different tee times. I don't do the scheduling but it is possible.

John

"Don't curse the darkness when you can light a candle"
Old 09-14-2012, 04:58 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,301 Times in 2,369 Posts

I have found in the past the Tee Time office to be very helpful.....give them a call.
Old 09-14-2012, 06:33 PM
Sage

To do that, the original requestor must be the first name in both requests. That will link the requests. They will attempt to schedule both groups at about the same time, but that is not guaranteed. When our group tried that a year ago, the two groups were scheduled on different courses about three hours apart, so it didn't work out.

It usually is most beneficial during the high season if the group is large.
Old 09-14-2012, 10:38 PM
Gold member

Quote:
A Group Request is used when you want to request a tee time for more than a foursome.

There are a couple of ways to create Group Requests. You can set up a single request if you have anywhere from 5 to 32 players. Problems arise in the winter months when tee times are tight and some of the players have lots of points. The point weight becomes a factor. With this method, all of the players' points become a factor in getting a reservation.

There is a second way to create a Group Request where you can create multiple requests of smaller groups and group the players so that the players in each request are matched so they have fewer points as a request group. The restriction on this type of group request is that you have to be a member of the first group and the remaining requests must be for the exact same day and times and the same course selections. Using this method, there is no guarantee that all of the groups will play, or play on the same courses but the groups that play will play at the same time.
This is what the tee time help message is concerning two groups. Yes, it is possible and according to this the times will be the same for both groups. Also, you put your name in only on the first request (otherwise you would have to be in two places at once). The requests are linked by the ID of the requestor, not the name. I have done it this way and the system accepted it.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.