Taylor Made

Closed Thread
Old 12-29-2016, 08:20 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,558 Times in 507 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDude View Post
Thanks all for the info. I was fitted for a putter and can be seen at Belle Glade practicing I was under the impression that on Jan 31 they will do a fitting for the TaylorMade at Palmer, so that will give me the info I need on the flex or not.

My only concerns are flex. I don't know if I need a senior flex or not. Also, I was thinking steel shafts because I have some size, however the graphites are better for people with back pain; and shoulder pain (I have both) and more forgiving. Graphites are also expensive but 100$ difference isn't a big deal. Other question is the length as I was a +1/2 inch on the putter. I don't know if that translates to the rest. The golf pro told me that +1/2 doesn't really matter for new golfers.

Now this may be sidetrack, but when I was growing up, Big Bertha was the driver. Is that still true? For short courses I was thinking a 3W would be enough and that would be included in the set.

(*sorry for any typos, hope you all can read through*)
You won't find senior flex steel shafts. I have a set of Mizuno JPX-850 irons, +1/2", in graphite; I also have a set of Callaway XR irons, std. length, in steel. The Callaway's are more accurate, the Mizuno's are longer. The graphite Mizuno's are more forgiving on my surgically repaired shoulders, the steel Callaway's aren't. I really like the Callaway's, but I don't have to swing the Mizuno's as hard.

Tags
set, sarasota, pros, made, thinking

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.