someone to make a blanket

Closed Thread
Old 11-23-2015, 12:22 PM
Default someone to make a blanket

My father-in-law is more than likely going to pass away within the next year or so. He had nearly passed 3 years ago, but his grandbaby was born and he pulled through. He will tell you that, that baby girl saved his life. I would like to give him a blanket for Christmas. He has the heat on when it's 75 outside, lol. Nothing big, just a lap throw. I went to a printing company and they can have a picture printed on something but it has to be white and it will only be 8 x 11. What I am looking for is someone who can take that plain white piece of fabric when it's done and turn it into a blanket....like a quilt....in my head I'm picturing one side would just be a solid piece of cotton/polyester fabric (I'll pick some design) and the other side would be the picture in the center with the quilt squares around it to make it a decent size. And maybe something like "Papa loves Lacie forever" embroidered/somehow put on the plain side?? I don't know if this is possible, I don't know if this can be done by Christmas, and mostly I don't know if I can afford it. I am just picturing the two of them riding around the block in his electric wheelchair with their blankie on their lap Please let me know if you can help me in anyway. Thank you so much
Old 11-23-2015, 06:07 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,922 Times in 783 Posts

there is a fabric store off 301 in Wildwood. Sharkys Vac n Sew
8:00AM TO 5:00PM MON - FRI
8:00AM TO 3:00PM SAT
PLEASE CALL US AT
352-330-BITE
(352-330-2483)
700 N. Main Street Wildwood FL
They may be able to point you in the right direction. Otherwise, try this link, which has a number of listings. Quilting Guild of The Villages (QGOTV)

Good luck, and best wishes to your father-in-law. He's in my prayers.
Old 11-25-2015, 09:57 AM

You may want to try TV Quilting Guild.
Quilting Guild of The Villages (QGOTV)

Tags
side, blanket, white, picture, christmas, picturing, piece, plain, make, fabric, quilt, lap, design, pick, cotton/polyester, head, solid, size, wheelchair, electric, blankie, put, afford, block, embroidered/somehow

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.