First American Trust of Central Florida - indexed annuity

Closed Thread
Old 09-25-2013, 02:55 PM
Gold member
Default First American Trust of Central Florida - indexed annuity

Anyone have experience or opinions on First American Trust of Central Florida and the equity indexed annuities they sell? My husband has an IRA inside an annuity that has matured and is paying a very small rate. He wants something safe. He does not know how to invest. So suggesting he put it in mutual funds himself.....well, that would just worry him if he lost money. I have read negatives about these indexed annuities. If it sounds too good to be true....Not sure what other alternative he would have that he could handle.
Old 07-07-2014, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoGeo View Post
Anyone have experience or opinions on First American Trust of Central Florida and the equity indexed annuities they sell? My husband has an IRA inside an annuity that has matured and is paying a very small rate. He wants something safe. He does not know how to invest. So suggesting he put it in mutual funds himself.....well, that would just worry him if he lost money. I have read negatives about these indexed annuities. If it sounds too good to be true....Not sure what other alternative he would have that he could handle.
First American Trust has an Accredited Rating of A+. Not all indexed annuities are created equal. Mission of First American Trust is to locate best financial institutions with best terms that provide preservation of principal with best possible returns.
Old 07-07-2014, 05:02 PM
Sage
Send a message via AIM to l2ridehd

First American is the best of the worst. It is still an annuity. It still has a high sales fee. It is still an investment vehicle that is difficult to unwind. Better to put his money in a total stock fund and a total bond fund. And if he concerned about principle do a 30/70 split. 30% total stock and 70% total bond. Use very low cost funds. (Vanguard, Fidelity or Schwab) Only look at it once a year on his birthday to re-balance back to 30/70.

Doing it that way he can sleep well at night.
Old 07-07-2014, 09:05 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,088 Times in 2,230 Posts

You do not mention the amount of the funds, and it is none of our business, but you might consider a fee paid financial advisor to guide you in this area. My advisor has done a wonderful job, however he is located in PA. He is with Amerprise and they have a local office, but I have not had any dealings with this office, but I would expect similar results.
This is the only way I think you and your husband will be able to sleep at night.
Hope this helps.
Old 07-22-2014, 06:50 PM
Default Would like to know is it FDIC?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCray View Post
First American Trust has an Accredited Rating of A+. Not all indexed annuities are created equal. Mission of First American Trust is to locate best financial institutions with best terms that provide preservation of principal with best possible returns.
Is it FDIC and what are the fees?
Old 07-22-2014, 06:59 PM
Default 3.25% 6 month deposit of 10,000 With 1st American

The advertisement is in the Daily Sun. What's the catch?
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.