Hitch hiking

Closed Thread
Old 04-17-2014, 08:55 PM
Default Hitch hiking

Today for kicks I decided to hitch hike from Spanish springs to brown wood by golf cart paths only. It took 6 rides to get there and an hour & 20 minutes. I stopped in at beer world for a cold one and 2 hours later back home. First ride was an 93 year gentlemen and the last ride was from a woman ( big surprise there but apparently I had played pickelball with her at one time ). I will say this about the adventure, it was big fun and there are a lot of fast carts out there and I did more walking north then I thought I would Russ the hitch hiker.
Old 04-17-2014, 09:02 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rradams View Post
Today for kicks I decided to hitch hike from Spanish springs to brown wood by golf cart paths only. It took 6 rides to get there and an hour & 20 minutes. I stopped in at beer world for a cold one and 2 hours later back home. First ride was an 93 year gentlemen and the last ride was from a woman ( big surprise there but apparently I had played pickelball with her at one time ). I will say this about the adventure, it was big fun and there are a lot of fast carts out there and I did more walking north then I thought I would Russ the hitch hiker.

I tried that today too. I had walked down to ACE hardware where I bought an ax. Decided to hitch hike home, but nobody stopped.
Old 04-17-2014, 09:11 PM
Platinum member
Talking Can't top that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVillageChicken View Post
I tried that today too. I had walked down to ACE hardware where I bought an ax. Decided to hitch hike home, but nobody stopped.
There's nothing I can say to top that!

Old 04-18-2014, 07:32 AM

The Villages Florida
Old 04-18-2014, 07:49 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

You are my favorite chicken in this whole world.
Old 04-23-2014, 12:41 AM
Default Tried that one time

I did that once , got kidnapped and held for ransom,
My wife wouldn't pay !
Old 04-23-2014, 11:12 AM
Sage
Thanked 3,295 Times in 2,044 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rradams View Post
Do you look like Arnold S., or more like Carol Burnet or Lucille Ball or Woody Allen or a goth chick like Abby from NCIS?

I remember hitchhiking back from Rattlesnake Mountain in Reno, NV in the seventies when there were four of us and we all looked very tired. We all were armed with shotguns or rifles and someone still picked us up.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.