Just Like Brian

Closed Thread
Old 01-09-2017, 09:33 AM
Default Just Like Brian

A man walked out to the street and caught a taxi just going by. He got into the taxi and the cabbie said, “Perfect timing. You're just like Brian.”

Passenger said, “Who?”

Cabbie replied, “Brian Sullivan. He's a guy who did everything right all the time. Like my coming along just when you needed a cab, things happen like that to Brian every single time.”

“There are always a few clouds over everybody.”

“Not Brian Sullivan,” the cabbie said. “He was a terrific athlete. He could have won the Grand Slam at tennis. He could golf with the pros. He sang like an opera baritone and danced like a Broadway star and you should have heard him play the piano... He was an amazing guy.”

“Sounds like he was something really special.”

“Oh, he was. And, there's more. He had a memory like a computer. He remembered everybody's birthday. He knew all about wine, which foods to order and which fork to eat them with. He could fix anything. Not like me. I change a fuse and the whole street blacks out. But Brian Sullivan, he could do everything right.”

“Wow. He sounds like some guy.”

“He was. “He always knew the quickest way to go in traffic and avoid traffic jams. Not like me, I always seem to get stuck in them. But Brian, he never made a mistake and he really knew how to treat a woman and make her feel good. He would never answer her back even if she was in the wrong; and his clothes were always immaculate, shoes polished too. He was the perfect man! He never made a mistake. No one could ever measure up to Brian Sullivan.”

“An amazing fellow. How did you meet him?”

“Well, I never actually met Brian. He died. I'm married to his widow.”
Old 01-09-2017, 10:29 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,022 Times in 454 Posts

I love it.
Old 01-09-2017, 11:26 AM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

Ouch!

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 01-09-2017, 01:07 PM
Sage
Thanked 7,371 Times in 2,517 Posts

That cabby could be my fishing mate back home. Listen to his wife for five minutes when she is throwing one, and you would believe her dearly departed never used a boat to fish, he walked accros the loch surface.
Closed Thread

Tags
brian, cabbie, “he, knew, amazing

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.