Fertigator - worth a look

Closed Thread
Old 05-19-2015, 10:35 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by CFrance View Post
They do not fertilize during the winter months. They come back in the spring and fill the fert. dispenser. It' said very weak solution that is okay to use continuously during the growing season. (I learned this from a nursery in MI) My neighbor's lawn looks the best on the street using this company. Ours needs work. The owner is coming by today to have a look-see. Called him yesterday. BTW, lawn looked bad last fall before we switched from Service Smart to Fertigator, so we are not blaming this on Fertigator.
If you call they will come an do a manual fertilizer. They check our lawn occasionally and do this for us.
Old 05-19-2015, 10:45 AM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,774 Times in 3,642 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by OurHappyHome View Post
Does anyone have a contact number for
Ferginator?

leesburgfertigator@gmail.com
Old 05-19-2015, 01:35 PM
Veteran member

Fertigator? The best!!!
Old 05-19-2015, 02:26 PM
Gold member

We've used Fertigator for a couple of years now. Did run into some problems along the way but they have been very responsive even installing new sod in some spots. All in all I've been pleased.
Skip 2
Old 05-19-2015, 05:37 PM
Default Fertigator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahuna32162 View Post
Attn, Stellar and Service Smart customers, after a lot of research, I have signed on with Ferginator for lawn, shurb and tree care. They gaurentee a green and healthy lawn with a system that delivers lawn nutrients thru your exsisting spinkler system at NO added cost!
I'm planning on speaking to them for a quote. I hope that they are good. There are enough bad contractors here in TV................too much business.
Old 07-05-2015, 07:19 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,562 Times in 508 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonanza View Post

Good luck with Fertigator. If you saw my neighbor's lawn that they were servicing, you would never use them.

Also, since the fertilizer is through the sprinkler system, all your shrubs and trees are getting exactly what your grass is getting. Not a good idea. You also should not be fertilzing during the winter months.
Had their system installed 3 weeks ago and there is a big difference on how much better my lawn looks vs. what it was; we're very satisfied with them. BTW, they empty the system so you do not fertilize during the winter.
Old 07-05-2015, 07:58 PM
Veteran member

We have been using them for quite a few years now and our lawn looks great. If we have any problems they come right out and take care of it. Never had a problem with them. Three of my neighbors use them and we have the nicest lawns on the block.
Old 07-06-2015, 05:50 AM
Gold member

Here's a 6 month UPDATE....We started with Fertigator after Stellar/SS ruined our lawn and left looking the worst on the block. We had to repalce about 300 sq yds of sod and de thach the entire yard (something that was in the Stellar contract, thet SS refused to honor). We also put doen a good amount of new soil and compost to help kick start what was left of our grass. As of the 4th of July, our lawn looks great! We are very happy to recommend their services to anyone.

"I wish I didn't know now, what I didn't know then"
-Bob Seger-
Old 07-06-2015, 07:47 AM
Sage
Smile

Quote:
Here's a 6 month UPDATE....We started with Fertigator after Stellar/SS ruined our lawn and left looking the worst on the block. We had to repalce about 300 sq yds of sod and de thach the entire yard (something that was in the Stellar contract, thet SS refused to honor). We also put doen a good amount of new soil and compost to help kick start what was left of our grass. As of the 4th of July, our lawn looks great! We are very happy to recommend their services to anyone.
I was one of several who recommended Fertigator earlier in your post and am really happy it worked out for you. They continue to please us. One part that I don't know if it was mentioned was that we had a weedy back yard and they originally told us that the torpedo grass was hard to kill but that after a while our healthy grass could choke out the torpedo grass. This has happened in some areas that were pretty bad. We are very pleased. If you think your lawn needs a little more fertilizer just call and they will come and manually put some on for a boost. They also do our pest control and we have not seen one bug.
Old 10-07-2015, 11:47 AM
Veteran member
Location: Chicago, Arlington Hgts, North Aurora, Il. TV since 2002!

Those of you that have had good lawn care from Fertigator, do you use them for pest control also?If so has that been good? I've tried many companies over the years and the only one that has kept me 99.5% bug free inside the house has been Massey.
Old 10-07-2015, 12:08 PM
Sage

Quote:
Here's a 6 month UPDATE....We started with Fertigator after Stellar/SS ruined our lawn and left looking the worst on the block. .... our lawn looks great! We are very happy to recommend their services to anyone.
Thanks for the six-month update. Are you still happy with Fertigator after nine months?
We had Service Smart for several years and had no problems.
We decided to switch companies solely because SS seems to be on a downward spiral.
We started using Falcon Lawn and Pest Control June 1, 2015. So far we like them.
We also considered Fertigator but our neighbor had used them with poor results.
If Falcon doesn't work out for us after six months, we will try Fertigator.
We like the "one-stop shopping" companies.
It's very convenient for Seasonal Residents to have only one company to contact and pay.

Last edited by Barefoot; 10-07-2015 at 01:10 PM.
Old 10-07-2015, 12:25 PM

Another vote for fertigator, lawn and pest control. Our lawn is green and healthy.
Old 10-26-2015, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gap2415 View Post
Another vote for fertigator, lawn and pest control. Our lawn is green and healthy.
We're seasonal residents and use them as well. Aside from an issue with an old fertilizer unit left from a prior owner being re-used instead of installing a new unit and said old unit subsequently springing a huge leak while we were away up North, it's been relatively smooth sailing since. A few minor issues such as a sprinkler head lopped off here and there (but quickly fixed) and shrubs not being trimmed quite as often as I'd like. But overall nothing so serious that I'd consider switching. I do like the convenience of only one company to deal with. The only thing I wish they did that they do not is tree trimming. Shrubs, yes. Trees, no.
--
bc
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.