Bad Landscaper

Closed Thread
Old 02-13-2017, 12:25 PM
Angry Bad Landscaper

I am a neighbor of a person using Brandon Suris Landscaping. This contractor has no consideration for anyone but himself. He parked 2 dump trailers on the block in front of other neighbor's homes for 2 weeks. He has parked literally blocking my driveway over 3 feet into the driveway and left his truck there. His partner parks opposite the truck on the other side of the street so that it is difficult to even maneuver between them to get down the block. I observed his workers driving full wheelbarrows of debris over my lawn to go to the empty dumpster left in front of my house for 5 days. When asked to move, it got worse the next day. Do NOT use them unless you hate your neighbors.
Old 02-13-2017, 04:26 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by greg416 View Post
I am a neighbor of a person using Brandon Suris Landscaping. This contractor has no consideration for anyone but himself. He parked 2 dump trailers on the block in front of other neighbor's homes for 2 weeks. He has parked literally blocking my driveway over 3 feet into the driveway and left his truck there. His partner parks opposite the truck on the other side of the street so that it is difficult to even maneuver between them to get down the block. I observed his workers driving full wheelbarrows of debris over my lawn to go to the empty dumpster left in front of my house for 5 days. When asked to move, it got worse the next day. Do NOT use them unless you hate your neighbors.

You need to talk to the neighbor who hired this guy. Posting here does nothing for you.
Old 03-06-2017, 08:40 AM
Default Regarding Bad Landscaper

Your post DOES do good here. You have informed us all of the inconsiderate landscaper. Thank you for that. I will steer clear of that company.
Old 03-06-2017, 08:42 AM
nkrifats

Same experience here when he did my neighbor's yard. Guy is a complete jerk when you talk to him about using the entire street for his trucks and blocking driveway. Would never use him.
Old 03-06-2017, 09:31 AM

Thanks we are looking for a landscaper We will not use them
Old 03-06-2017, 10:18 AM
Sage
Thanked 12,911 Times in 4,141 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnobles View Post
Thanks we are looking for a landscaper We will not use them
Hopefully this landscaper will see these posts and realize he is committing professional suicide
Old 03-06-2017, 11:07 AM

I agree that this contractor needs some attitude adjustment. He recently did some work in and near my neighborhood, and their vehicles and trailers were all over the place. These streets are too narrow to accommodate oversized trucks and trailers, and what would happen should rescue equipment need to get by? How can it be legal for them to leave their trailers full of debris overnight for sometimes several days at a time? Why doesn't the "Security" patrol report these obvious safety issues to the local law enforcement? My last community would ban this guy for not responding in a positive manner.
Old 05-03-2017, 07:13 PM

So glad to hear that I'm not alone in my feelings about this mean nasty man He did lots of work on my street work is good but treats his help like dirt and leaves his junk equipment all down the street. Their isn't any law in the villages.
Old 05-03-2017, 09:49 PM
Sage
Thanked 3,625 Times in 1,884 Posts

This contractor was probably a teamster in a previous job somewhere along the line. (That Is For RickeyD). They just don't give damn what they screw up and who they harm as long as the job gets done and the money appears. Probably a laborer whose dream has come true and now owns his own company and has no management experience or finesse with potential customers.

I would have loved to given it a shot at straightening this out for greg416. There is a certain way that you must communicate with construction people like this. It is a skill that is acquired over time. I feel confident that I still have retained my skill and really dislike someone being taken advantage of by a hard working crew who are rudderless. If the boss allows the behavior mentioned then what do you expect. Put a fine in the contract if they don't work properly, there will be some inconvenience on a jobsite but this is too much.
Old 05-04-2017, 01:50 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by greg416 View Post
[QUOTE=wereback;1394557]So glad to hear that I'm not alone in my feelings about this mean nasty man He did lots of work on my street work is good but treats his help like dirt and leaves his junk equipment all down the street. Their isn't any law in the villages.[/QUOTE]

While posting what happened gives us all a heads up about this arrogant individual, it appears that he keeps doing the same thing wherever he has a job.

Obviously, talking to him does no good. The next time he pulls his nonsense, I would have his vehicles towed. I don't know what the laws are, but I would bet he can't park on both sides of the street for any amount of days, making it difficult to drive down the street. In addition, his trucks, etc., are commercial vehicles and I don't believe he can just leave them parked for days on end.

It's the old story: Action speaks louder than words!
Old 05-04-2017, 05:29 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufflesmom View Post
Your post DOES do good here. You have informed us all of the inconsiderate landscaper. Thank you for that. I will steer clear of that company.

Thanks to the OP (and others)...for the heads up.
Old 05-04-2017, 07:21 AM
Sage
Thanked 6,127 Times in 2,240 Posts

If I recall correctly, you can call Community Watch if there is a concern about emergency vehicles getting by. They will investigate and arrange to have the situation corrected. When you call I would stress the concern with the street being blocked. The alternative is to call the non-emergency phone line of the Sumter County police. A couple of years ago, there was a lot of construction in the area, and CW did advise the contractors to NOT park side by side.
Old 05-04-2017, 08:15 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,742 Times in 703 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColdNoMore View Post

Thanks to the OP (and others)...for the heads up.
Absolutely agree. In addition, although I've never used this company, I can attest to the speeds at which they drive down the road, specifically Warnock. What makes it worse is the trailers they are pulling, which I've observed many times over, seem to be overloaded beyond the capacity of the towing vehicle (pick up).
Old 05-04-2017, 09:49 AM

While on this subject I feel we should all form a committee to make deed compliance the job of Neighborhood Watch like it used to be many years ago. It is not our job to police deed compliance. As it is now if a neighbor is noncompliant we have to inform and if we do nothing is done anyhow. All drivers presently have the time to write a house number and noncompliant object on their log.
Old 05-04-2017, 10:29 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nucky View Post
This contractor was probably a teamster in a previous job somewhere along the line. (That Is For RickeyD). They just don't give damn what they screw up and who they harm as long as the job gets done and the money appears. Probably a laborer whose dream has come true and now owns his own company and has no management experience or finesse with potential customers.

I would have loved to given it a shot at straightening this out for greg416. There is a certain way that you must communicate with construction people like this. It is a skill that is acquired over time. I feel confident that I still have retained my skill and really dislike someone being taken advantage of by a hard working crew who are rudderless. If the boss allows the behavior mentioned then what do you expect. Put a fine in the contract if they don't work properly, there will be some inconvenience on a jobsite but this is too much.
Sorry Nuckmeister, if he were a former Teamster he'd be retired, living the dream here in The Villages ! AND he wouldn't be treating his men in the manner a poster here has described. Although I do agree with you that his customer relations skills would be lacking. Getting the JOB done and won has and always will be the goal !
Closed Thread

Tags
front, block, parked, neighbors, truck

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.