Beware of ServiceSmart

Closed Thread
Old 03-03-2017, 09:12 PM
Default Beware of ServiceSmart

After paying upfront for first year of service, the terms of the contract are not being complied with by ServiceSmart. I continuously have to call when certain things are due, and then they do not show up. Good example: "We will fertilize and cut lawn, Thursday, 3-2-2017. Did they show No! Did they call No!
Old 03-03-2017, 09:16 PM

You should have read the hundred's of complaints already posted. And NEVER pay up front.
Old 03-03-2017, 09:18 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamond2005 View Post
After paying upfront for first year of service, the terms of the contract are not being complied with by ServiceSmart. I continuously have to call when certain things are due, and then they do not show up. Good example: "We will fertilize and cut lawn, Thursday, 3-2-2017. Did they show No! Did they call No!
I had to go down to their office in person and demand my money back... it worked...

Sent from my SM-N910R4 using Tapatalk
Old 03-04-2017, 07:59 AM
Default Service smart

SERVICE SMART IS THE WORST OF THE WORST IN LAWN SERVICE, TELL ALL YOUR FRIENDS IN THE VILLAGES. ONCE YOU PAID THEM, YOU WILL SEE THEM A FEW TIME TO SERVICE YOUR LAWN AND THE GIRLS IN THE OFFICE DON,T CARE AT ALL. I HAD THEM AND MADE THE MISTAKE OF PAYING AHEAD, WRONG. THEY DON,T COME ONLY WHEN THEY WANT TO, SO TELL ALL VILLAGERS, DON,T HIRE SERVICE SMART THEY SUCK.
Old 03-04-2017, 09:19 AM
Veteran member

I see nothing has changed. I got rid of service smart Two years ago. Can't believe this still in business
Old 03-04-2017, 10:15 AM
Default Beware of ServiceSmart

Im new to TV and I was looking for a lawn company. The owner of ServiceSmart came out to give me an estimate and the first thing he did was try to up sell me on dethatching the lawn and bringing in a load of topsoil. The he got a real attitude and went back to his truck, when I said I wasn't ready to sign a contract yet. Run from this company!!
Old 03-04-2017, 10:55 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by diamond2005 View Post
If you search Service Smart using the Search button above, you'll see many threads warning against using SS.
Of course that doesn't help new members, and that's how SS survives.
They offer a price break to entice customers to pay up front--- DON'T FALL FOR IT!
Old 04-29-2017, 11:47 AM

I was fool enough to pay upfront for a year of service. They were ok for the first two seasons but then in the third year, they fell off and failed to show up for services. When I called to complain I was told I had cancelled my service, which of course I had NOT. They corrected their records and assured me I had not missed any services but I know I did. When I finally got disgusted, I cancelled in early April 2017. They owe me $235 refund which I have been trying to get from them without success for two months now. No matter what time I call, the billing department is never in and no one ever returns my call.
Beware of using them. They are the worst.

Last edited by mistamick; 05-01-2017 at 07:33 AM.
Old 04-29-2017, 12:24 PM
Gold member
Default Suggestion

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistamick View Post
I was fool enough to pay upfront for a year of service. They were ok for the first two seasons but then in the third year, they fell off and failed to show up for services. When I called to complain I was told I had cancelled my service, which of course I had NOT. They corrected their records and assured me I had not missed any services but I know I did. When I finally got disgusted, I cancelled in early April 1917. They owe me $235 refund which I have been trying to get from them without success for two months now. No matter what time I call, the billing department is never in and no one ever returns my call.
Beware of using them. They are the worst.
Not in Florida but I've used Small Claims Court twice in my life. You need to be sure you are suing the right entity.
Often your contract is not with the exact same entity that you think it is. Could be a corporation in his wife's or kid's name.

If, you understand how to do it YOU ARE FAR MORE POWERFUL THEN IS THE BUSINESS. Your cost is about $20. The business is more than likely a corporation so they need to send an atty-cost a couple of hundred dollars per hour.
Old 04-29-2017, 02:33 PM
Veteran member

Channel 6 last night had an investigation for a viewer about Service Smart. They owed her about $650 and wouldn't return her calls or give her her money. Channel 6 got it back for her. When they called Service Smart, the owner/manager called them right back.
Closed Thread

Tags
show, servicesmart, call, due, good

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.