central florida turf

Closed Thread
Old 08-20-2016, 11:07 AM
Default central florida turf

Is anyone having trouble with any of their services? We have paid $85.00 dollars for July and August and had our lawn mowed 4 times instead of every week as promised. Every time I ask about the other services such as tree trimming, pest control or other promised services such as blowing out the flower beds of their grass clippings they say next time. Our lawn is so high now and they do not answer their phone or email. I got a nice letter from them stating my lawn care of $85.00 would be for life. I guess life is 4 cuts. Very disappointed.
Old 08-20-2016, 12:12 PM
Veteran member

They started out with such high hopes and were so nice to deal with, however, it didn't take long and I don't know what happened to them. First, they stopped taking customers who wanted mowing only. Then, they dropped their customers who were having only mowing. Now it seems from your post that the rest of their business is failing also. Too bad, I was really impressed with Rene when I first met and hired him. Very disappointed when he just dropped me not 2 months later. They didn't last long. Certainly wouldn't recommend using them now, way too inconsistent.
Old 08-20-2016, 04:17 PM
Thumbs down Central Florida Turf

We to had the same experience. Good for two months, paid for August and they have not been back. I have left 5 nice messages with no return call from Michelle or Laurie. Heading off to Brownwood Seniors Vs. Crime to have a sleuth help us with a refund for services not performed. Its not the $$, but more that they will not even return a call with an explanation.

Mallory Square, Village of Hadley and now Gilchrist!
Old 08-23-2016, 09:33 AM
Default CFTS doing excellent...

FWIW: My neighbor just informed me that CFT has been doing excellent work on our yard, even better than she would expect! We have been using them since May.

Bill in Mallory
Old 08-24-2016, 06:33 AM
Veteran member
Location: Reading, Pa, The Villages, Reading, Pa, The Villages until the end.

We have been using CFT for 4 months and our lawn has never looked so good. Rene and his crew work hard and do an excellent job.
Old 08-24-2016, 06:57 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,742 Times in 703 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by reidop View Post
Is anyone having trouble with any of their services? We have paid $85.00 dollars for July and August and had our lawn mowed 4 times instead of every week as promised. Every time I ask about the other services such as tree trimming, pest control or other promised services such as blowing out the flower beds of their grass clippings they say next time. Our lawn is so high now and they do not answer their phone or email. I got a nice letter from them stating my lawn care of $85.00 would be for life. I guess life is 4 cuts. Very disappointed.
I had the same problem. Such high hopes. Showed up and did one mowing. Promise of hedge trimming resulted in them never showing up. I received the $85 invoice. I called and cancelled. Run, don't walk, from CFTS services.
Old 08-31-2016, 04:54 PM

I don't like to say just negative things about a company, we did part ways with Central Florida Turf but they said they would send us a partial refund on our credit card and they did.
Old 09-14-2016, 06:01 AM

Well just an update on CFTS. Looks like they have been a NO SHOW at two newer accounts (full service, not just mowing) at our friends in Osceola Hills. We were also promised a refund via phone message and email and nothing in over 3 weeks. Just for the record, I will be filing a complaint with Seniors vs. Crime (Brownwood Office) next week. I encourage anyone else that is owed a refund for services not performed contact them also if you are not getting any response from the CFTS office.
If anyone know of an address for them, it would be appreciated as we always just gave Renee the check in person.

Last edited by Matt and Gail; 09-14-2016 at 06:18 AM.
Old 09-14-2016, 06:24 AM
Default CFTS - not as promised

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt and Gail View Post
Well just an update on CFTS. Looks like they have been a NO SHOW at two newer accounts (full service, not just mowing) at our friends in Osceola Hills. We were also promised a refund via phone message and email and nothing in over 3 weeks. Just for the record, I will be filing a complaint with Seniors vs. Crime (Brownwood Office) next week. I encourage anyone else that is owed a refund for services not performed contact them also if you are not getting any response from the CFTS office.
If anyone know of an address for them, it would be appreciated as we always just gave Renee the check in person.
My neighbor, up the block, was promised many services (all-in-one package) every two months and that has been a miserable failure. I have been watching CFTS for several months in anticipation of using them, but the consistancy of service is totally absent. Yes, they mow occassioally but trimming and fertilizing etc are totally absent. I suspect they will be let go quite soon.
Old 09-14-2016, 10:30 AM
Veteran member

NOTE TO RENEE: What happened to you? You started out with such promise. You were so nice and always smiling and helpful. It's sad to see such a promising start go down so fast.
Old 09-14-2016, 10:58 AM
Sage

Here is their address : P.O. Box 368 Belleview , Fl. 34421

I too have been disappointed for many of the reasons already discussed above .
Old 09-14-2016, 01:33 PM

We also had high hope for Rene. Not doing as I expected. This is my 3rd gardener in 4 years. Who is next?
Old 09-14-2016, 05:54 PM
Platinum member
Default frequency

Quote:
Originally Posted by msfooter View Post
My neighbor, up the block, was promised many services (all-in-one package) every two months and that has been a miserable failure. I have been watching CFTS for several months in anticipation of using them, but the consistancy of service is totally absent. Yes, they mow occassioally but trimming and fertilizing etc are totally absent. I suspect they will be let go quite soon.
How often did they say they would apply fertilizer, and also what type, dry or liquid. usually dry is about two or three times during the year. Really wonder what they promised the homeowner.
Old 09-14-2016, 06:47 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jima64 View Post
How often did they say they would apply fertilizer, and also what type, dry or liquid. usually dry is about two or three times during the year. Really wonder what they promised the homeowner.
Go to their website or call them up . They promise much but deliver rarely . Doesn`t matter if it is what their package says they do or what the owner tells you verbally .

So don`t doubt what we are saying or hire them find out for yourself .
Old 09-29-2016, 09:05 AM
Thumbs down If CFTS owes you $$

I filed a complaint with Seniors vs. Crime in Brownwood. Got a call from a Tom Quinn Saturday night (after 8PM). Tom Quinn said that he and his partner just took the company back and fired the office staff and others. Talked to him about Villagers complaints and he seemed surprised. Now it appears that SVC is getting the same run around.

If you are owed anything, please do yourself and others in TV a favor and start a complaint with SVC.

Closed Thread

Tags
services, lawn, promised, time, life

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.