Coatings for New Concrete Patio

Closed Thread
Old 08-18-2014, 05:01 PM
Default Coatings for New Concrete Patio

42 days ago we had a new patio poured. Now we are ready to have coating applied. Any suggestions as to who can add some color / pattern to it and coat it for weather protection? We would appreciate hearing positive comments from people who have had this done.

Anybody had any good experiences with D-I-Y epoxy coatings, and was it worth it? I have no idea which way to go and would appreciate comments.

Thanks, Gary
Old 08-18-2014, 06:53 PM
Gold member

Use the search box to get some information. Type in painting , staining, coating .
Old 08-19-2014, 07:21 AM
Location: Indianapolis, Ft Worth, Naperville, Zionsville, Avon

We used Delcrete for the staining and are very happy
Old 08-19-2014, 09:16 AM

Thank you for the comments. We are now in the process of considering the quotes.
Most of the advertisers on this board seem reliable, but personal references are most important.
Old 08-19-2014, 06:34 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditka41 View Post
Thank you for the comments. We are now in the process of considering the quotes.
Most of the advertisers on this board seem reliable, but personal references are most important.
Amy Newsom, Inc. 352-308-7410 Probably the most recommended. I can highly recommend her myself by the excellent job she did for me.
Old 08-20-2014, 11:32 AM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditka41 View Post
Don't forget to check with the BBB with any company you use.
Old 08-20-2014, 10:30 PM
Platinum member

Check out Chatahoochee Riverrock. We just had our lanai done today and it really looks great. Can't walk on it until tomorrow. It looks like a solid surface. Covers up all the joints and cracks in the concrete.

A pessimist is an optimist with experience.

"In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm and three or more is a congress." - John Adams
Old 09-01-2014, 10:47 AM

Do you have any pictures?
Old 09-01-2014, 11:28 AM

We hired Amy Newsome and they did a very nice job. Most pleasing of all, we noticed that the "sealer" coat was applied somewhat thin, and we had another coat applied within two days. VERY good service to correct a problem and to be so pleasant about it. To me that's very important as things are rarely perfect in life.
I would recommend her to anyone considering a similar project and she will be back soon to also do our patio when finished.
gary
Old 09-01-2014, 11:43 AM

I did my outside patio with the Behr stain from Home Depot. I found it very easy to apply with a roller. Power wash first even though it's new concrete. I needed 3 coats but it was easy. I finished it off with two coats of sealer.
Old 09-01-2014, 12:03 PM
TOTV SPONSOR

Depends on the look you want. I recently poured 35 yard of concrete for a new driveway, new garage and very large patio. For the patio I bought three different color stains that complimented my home and sprayed them on making nice looking muted patterns. I then rolled on a few coats of zylene based clear coat and mixed in some Shark Grip to the clear coat for a good safe non-slippery surface.

This was a very easy do it yourself process that did not take long at all. For everything it cost me well less then $200 and a few hours of my time. As indicated in other posts, you have many options.

Frank
Old 10-02-2014, 07:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DangeloInspections View Post
Depends on the look you want. I recently poured 35 yard of concrete for a new driveway, new garage and very large patio. For the patio I bought three different color stains that complimented my home and sprayed them on making nice looking muted patterns. I then rolled on a few coats of zylene based clear coat and mixed in some Shark Grip to the clear coat for a good safe non-slippery surface.

This was a very easy do it yourself process that did not take long at all. For everything it cost me well less then $200 and a few hours of my time. As indicated in other posts, you have many options.

Frank
Frank, can you post a photo or two. I like DYI !
Old 10-02-2014, 08:24 PM

Do not use Aristicrete. Do not use Aristicrete.
Old 11-01-2014, 10:27 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DangeloInspections View Post

Frank
Hi frank, do you think you could post a few pictures of the work you did?
Old 11-01-2014, 10:56 PM
Gold member

My suggestiion would be to be very careful.

I had the coating put on my lanai when Mom and I built our home in 2012. My tenants noticed some dark spots on the lanai a few weeks ago and called our property manager. I've been told by TV's contractors and my home inspector that the coating wasn't given enough time to cure. I've been given a couple of optioins to fix the problem.

BTW, I asked the home inspector and a tile contractor about river rock. Both of them said that river rock looks great when it is first installed but there is a lot of maintenance down the road.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.