I need some advice or comments

Closed Thread
Old 05-02-2015, 01:44 PM
Default I need some advice or comments

I use Stellar and not at all happy. Of course I paid for the year (in two installments) for a total of $1,500, for their WOW package, plus $650 for termite protection, (does everybody get this) plus several hundred $'s for two BUBBLES for my palms. I'm in a Villa, lots of property in back for a Villa. The irrigation also needs attention. When my contract is up, I'll need advice as to reliable landscapers.
Old 05-02-2015, 01:57 PM

I too had similar issues with Stellar, Get Smart or whoever they are today. I'm much wiser to these people and other company's who have bad or shoddy services.

I have been using Dean's for all my services at two different houses in the villages, especially termite protection. Dean's had been very good and if I had a question, the crew's manager would always respond quickly.

Be careful not to sign anything without a verifiable copies of every service you will receive and you fully understand them. Don't be bashful, get the Names of other customer's in you neighbor hood using them and call or visit with these customers.
Old 05-02-2015, 02:09 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry1 View Post
I too had similar issues with Stellar, Get Smart or whoever they are today. I'm much wiser to these people and other company's who have bad or shoddy services.

I have been using Dean's for all my services at two different houses in the villages, especially termite protection. Dean's had been very good and if I had a question, the crew's manager would always respond quickly.

Be careful not to sign anything without a verifiable copies of every service you will receive and you fully understand them. Don't be bashful, get the Names of other customer's in you neighbor hood using them and call or visit with these customers.
I have been using Deans for 3 years.
Old 05-02-2015, 02:56 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,151 Times in 2,249 Posts

I use Deans also, for lawn and termite/bug service, very satisfied, and much lower cost.
Old 05-03-2015, 06:19 PM

used Bates in the past and was very satisfied for the termite, etc. I had a separate service to mow, and somebody else to trim. Couldn't rely on the trimmer, so I was looking for a full-service., that's when the merry-go-round started. I didn't think Deans did all.
Old 05-03-2015, 07:03 PM
Sage
Location: South of 466a, if you don't like me.......I live in Orlando.
Thanked 9,774 Times in 3,642 Posts

Fertigator..............very happy
Old 05-05-2015, 04:03 PM

We too are having trouble with Service Smart. We were out of the country for 4 months, and during that time, they NEVER weeded the beds. Consequently, we have weeds that are 4 or 5 feet tall! Our house sitter called them repeatedly about the situation, and they always told her that they would have someone out in the next 2 days to take care of it. On our return, we called repeatedly ourselves to no avail. We presented this to Seniors Against Crime today and were told that we are the 34th complaint that they have had with this company. We're looking for another lawn service although our contract is not up until July. Any more suggestions?
Old 05-05-2015, 04:18 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwebb View Post
We too are having trouble with Service Smart. We were out of the country for 4 months, and during that time, they NEVER weeded the beds. Consequently, we have weeds that are 4 or 5 feet tall! Our house sitter called them repeatedly about the situation, and they always told her that they would have someone out in the next 2 days to take care of it. On our return, we called repeatedly ourselves to no avail. We presented this to Seniors Against Crime today and were told that we are the 34th complaint that they have had with this company. We're looking for another lawn service although our contract is not up until July. Any more suggestions?
A good class action suit would get their attention. 34 complaints would seem to be more than sufficient to get the police involved.
Old 05-06-2015, 05:42 PM

Miracle of Miracles! After we told Service Smart that we were taking them to small claims court, suddenly they are out today to do everything. Even gave us credit for the 4 months that we were away, which is when they were so negligent. They are really trying to please us now. Wonder how long this will last.
Old 05-06-2015, 06:02 PM

I use Extra Hands Lawn Care & More LLC (352)547-7185. So far we are happy with them. They were recommended to us by Betty and Randy Koehler of The Villagers Home Watch who we also use. So far everyone Randy or Betty has recommended to us has been great.
Old 05-06-2015, 06:15 PM
Soaring Eagle member

K & B They do everything. Pay monthly, after the fact. Never pay in advance!!!!!
Very pleased
Old 05-06-2015, 06:43 PM
Veteran member
Location: Chicago, Arlington Hgts, North Aurora, Il. TV since 2002!

We've had Massey for years now after trying many others and are very pleased. They do pest control and lawn and shrub treatments for us and termite control and it's way less than half of the original posters quotes. Also when we have an issue which is very rare they are out within 24 hours or at most 48 hours.
Old 07-07-2015, 10:49 AM

Stay away from Bates. Any problem is your fault or the weather. My lawn is ruined from improper treatments.
Old 07-07-2015, 11:34 AM

+1 for Massey. Our lawn is beautiful.
Old 07-07-2015, 01:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbussone View Post
I have been using Deans for 3 years.

Another vote for Deans. We have been using them for a year & are very satisfied. No contract & they respond very quickly to any issues. [emoji106]🏻

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.