Irrigation

Closed Thread
Old 01-04-2017, 11:21 PM
Default Irrigation

Have not used this before, hopefully I post this right...

Saw advertisement for irrigation tune-up in newspaper? Anyone used CK Farm business? Opinions?
Old 01-04-2017, 11:39 PM
Sage
Send a message via Yahoo to redwitch

Do a search here and you'll see the vast majority of us use and recommend Jim Baumgartner. Sorry, I don't have his number handy but I'm sure someone will supply it if you can't find it.

"There are only two ways to live your life: One is as though nothing is a miracle; the other is as though everything is a miracle." Albert Einstein
Old 01-05-2017, 05:51 AM
Veteran member

Call Joe. 352-430-5615. He works with Jim B.
I got him coming over to my place also.
Old 01-05-2017, 06:04 AM
Veteran member

Jim B. is the only way to go. He's reliable, shows up on time and is knowledgeable. He did an evaluation / inspection for us for $25. Then gave us an estimate on repairs. After fixing broken sprinkler heads, etc. he programmed our control box at no additional cost. I have never heard anyone give him a bad evaluation.
Old 01-05-2017, 09:44 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,996 Times in 2,197 Posts

Jim Baumgartner, 352-504-2317, does very good work.
Old 01-05-2017, 04:11 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by N44125 View Post
Jim B. is the only way to go. He's reliable, shows up on time and is knowledgeable. He did an evaluation / inspection for us for $25. Then gave us an estimate on repairs. After fixing broken sprinkler heads, etc. he programmed our control box at no additional cost. I have never heard anyone give him a bad evaluation.
I would imagine the estimate should be free to start??? Just Thinking out loud to myself.
Old 01-05-2017, 04:37 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,742 Times in 703 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryW View Post
I would imagine the estimate should be free to start??? Just Thinking out loud to myself.
An evaluation/inspection is not free, nor should it be. The tech runs the system through each zone, checking each and every spray head on that zone. We have 7 zones and 40+ heads/rotors in total. I used Joe Tucker (as Jim was booked solid). Joe is excellent, making several adjustments to a few sprinkler heads, including replacing one of the heads so it provided a more suitable pattern coverage, as well as making several timing adjustments in the box. Total cost $50.00. The other bonus is that Joe will explain to you how to make necessary adjustments, so in the future (if you chose) you can service your irrigation system on your own.

Last edited by photo1902; 01-05-2017 at 04:46 PM.
Old 02-23-2017, 05:48 AM
Veteran member

Scott who does work with Mansfield Landacaping is really good on irrigation also. Had him redo all of my irrigation hook ups after pool put in. Had to redo the back yard zone. Great job and quick and price was the best by far..
Old 03-01-2017, 09:48 AM

Joe Tucker is good. Just had him repair an irrigation line that I broke. Prompt, more than competent and knowledgeable. He does general irrigation work as well as repairs. Very personable young man. Says Jim is his uncle which is probably why is he was trained by Jim. Joe is my goto guy for future irrigation needs.
Old 03-01-2017, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by N44125 View Post
Jim is the Best.............AMEN.........
Old 04-26-2017, 02:33 PM
Default Like Jim's work....not so happy with the referral to Joe T.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryW View Post
Call Joe. 352-430-5615. He works with Jim B.
I got him coming over to my place also.
Just my opinion, Joe was not as thorough as I would have hoped given my dealings with Jim.

Joe's adjustment of the spray patterns were off (I followed up after him to readjust). He didn't verify that the rain sensor was functioning (I checked myself and it needed replacement). He did not verify that irrigation system was not leak-tight (probably the most critical check) via the water meter (which I also checked myself and found a cracked elbow on the inlet line).

Given the simplicity of these systems, I guess I expected him to do a full "front to back" tune up of the whole system, not just sprinkler replacements (which he was VERY effective in finding at $25/$35 replacement cost each).

My recommendation would be to ask him exactly what his tune up includes and shadow him to make sure things were done as they should be.
Old 04-26-2017, 06:04 PM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stratcat View Post
Just my opinion, Joe was not as thorough as I would have hoped given my dealings with Jim.

Joe's adjustment of the spray patterns were off (I followed up after him to readjust). He didn't verify that the rain sensor was functioning (I checked myself and it needed replacement). He did not verify that irrigation system was not leak-tight (probably the most critical check) via the water meter (which I also checked myself and found a cracked elbow on the inlet line).

Given the simplicity of these systems, I guess I expected him to do a full "front to back" tune up of the whole system, not just sprinkler replacements (which he was VERY effective in finding at $25/$35 replacement cost each).

My recommendation would be to ask him exactly what his tune up includes and shadow him to make sure things were done as they should be.
Typical, and you're smart and knowledgeable enough to check his work. Most people don't and they think "their" guy is the greatest thing since sliced toast. Read it all the time on this site. Ignorance is bliss, I suppose
Closed Thread

Tags
irrigation, newspaper, tune-up, farm, opinions

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.