Just fired Deans Services

Closed Thread
Old 09-03-2015, 06:04 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiHoSteveO View Post
In my case it's looking to be something called "root rot." The swale area at the lowest point between houses that is brown and sparse is actually the result of overwatering. It's not so much how many minutes it gets watered at once, but that it never dries out properly. The grass is basically drowning.

Let's say I water on Sunday and Thursday and my neighbor waters on Tuesday and Saturday. Then it rains once or twice during the week. That's 5-6 times in a week that that area gets wet. Then doesn't dry out properly. Especially in that swale area the water doesn't drain away well and the soil doesn't absorb well either. The grass that looks like it needs water is actually getting too much watering. Again, it's not how many minutes at once so much, but the fact that it never gets to dry out properly.

For me, it's a work in progress.
Check with the master gardeners . I don't think you have to really water that much if not at all with the rain we get everyday during this rainy season. I have turned off my sprinkler and my grass is green.
Old 09-05-2015, 02:41 PM

We have been with four lawn services in the two years we have been here and they all seem to "fizzle" out with consistent weekly service. We just don't get it, you pay promptly and even tip at Christmas but there is no loyalty. One guy just disappeared for good suddenly, would not answer his phone, and we had been dumb enough to pay a month in advance. I understand if they are sick and need to miss a week but why not a quick text or email to let us know they have not left our yard for dead? But I'm surprised to hear of a large company like Dean's is sketchy too!
Old 09-05-2015, 08:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuauLinda View Post
We have been with four lawn services in the two years we have been here and they all seem to "fizzle" out with consistent weekly service. We just don't get it, you pay promptly and even tip at Christmas but there is no loyalty. One guy just disappeared for good suddenly, would not answer his phone, and we had been dumb enough to pay a month in advance. I understand if they are sick and need to miss a week but why not a quick text or email to let us know they have not left our yard for dead? But I'm surprised to hear of a large company like Dean's is sketchy too!
You apparently just read the heading and not all of the posts. The overwhelming majority feel that Dean's is a reputable company that does good work and I concur. Now if your talking Service Smart that's a whole different story!
Old 09-05-2015, 09:11 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by The20Percent View Post
You apparently just read the heading and not all of the posts. The overwhelming majority feel that Dean's is a reputable company that does good work and I concur. Now if your talking Service Smart that's a whole different story!

Amen. Deans is a reputable company. I wish Admin would kill this thread. The title is unfair IMO.
Old 09-05-2015, 09:59 PM
Sage
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbussone View Post
Amen. Deans is a reputable company. I wish Admin would kill this thread. The title is unfair IMO.
dbussone, perhaps you should start a thread called "Deans is a reputable company".
Old 09-06-2015, 07:18 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
dbussone, perhaps you should start a thread called "Deans is a reputable company".
Good idea.
Old 09-06-2015, 07:23 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbussone View Post

I agree.

Tags
weeks, service, deans, services, fired, ronace, move, time, rain, recommend, recommendations, cooperating, smart, cutting, weekly, contract, months, realize, cut, lawn, weather

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.