Landscaper

Closed Thread
Old 04-02-2015, 12:22 PM
tjmorello
Default Landscaper

Hi, just wondering if anyone has used Jared Crenshaw who owns Extra Hands Lawn care for any landscaping needs?
Old 04-09-2015, 07:45 AM
Default Landscaping

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjmorello View Post
Hi, just wondering if anyone has used Jared Crenshaw who owns Extra Hands Lawn care for any landscaping needs?
Word to the wise. I would suggest you find out where he's currently working and where he has done work. Talk to the homeowners and ask them if they had it to do over would they still hire Jared.
Old 04-16-2015, 06:49 PM

Wow, only here in TV do we think the guy cutting our grass knows something about horticulture. I guess if you want to save some money use him, if you want the right plant for your soil and our climate, planted in the right location to grow into maturity... ask him some questions about how deep to plant, how big do they get, how fast does it grow, what pH does it like... and know the answers before you ask.
Old 04-16-2015, 08:49 PM
Sage
Location: Illinois, Tennesee, Florida, Village of Caroline, Sanibel, LaBelle
Thanked 1,312 Times in 545 Posts

I know nothing about the extra hands lawn guy but my suggestion would be to use one of the better know landscapers that advertises on TOTV. Whatever you decide don't pay him any money until the job is finished.
Old 04-16-2015, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justjim View Post
I know nothing about the extra hands lawn guy but my suggestion would be to use one of the better know landscapers that advertises on TOTV. Whatever you decide don't pay him any money until the job is finished.
Even the big outfits get 10% down. Customers have been known to change their minds, and not notify the contractor till he shows up, with his crew, and the materials.
Old 04-17-2015, 04:15 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by justjim View Post

I'm sure you mean well, but just because someone advertises on this forum does not mean they are a good choice.

There is a landscaper who writes his own (supposed) references on this forum, and I would never use him.
Old 04-17-2015, 05:37 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonanza View Post

I'm sure you mean well, but just because someone advertises on this forum does not mean they are a good choice.

There is a landscaper who writes his own (supposed) references on this forum, and I would never use him.
I agree with your comment Regarding advertisers. In fact, that continues to Spnsors, as well. I stated my objections to the Sponsor and my comment was removed. I restated but in a nicer way. Removed again. I'm not sure how much we can count on referrals if you know it is one-sided.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.