Landscaper and Pest control for new owner

Closed Thread
Old 02-20-2009, 03:48 PM
Default Landscaper and Pest control for new owner

I know we need to get a landscaper after we settle on our new home next week. Any suggestions for one? We will be part-timers for awhile, so will need someone dependable who doesn't need constant monitoring.

Also, does everyone line up pest control right away, or just as needed?
Old 02-20-2009, 04:13 PM
Default lanscaper

would love to give est. on anything! 15 years exp. ref.avail. no dep nec. credit cards accepted !!! call for free est. Paradise Landscape & Pavers 352-551-9743 I am a sponser on this site Thanks we offer landscaping curbing pavers for driveway
Old 02-21-2009, 03:02 AM
Default Landscaping and Pavers

I am also going to be looking for Landscaping and maybe the Pavers. I have a neighbor who said Paradise was very good. So I may give them a call. Any other suggestions.
Old 02-21-2009, 06:23 AM

I am a "part-timer" too and have a pest control company come and do quarterly treatments on the house (outside). Florida tends to have lots of bugs (they love the warm weather too) so I go with the "ounce of prevention" theory. This has worked well for me as I haven't had any problems with bugs getting into the house. I use Dean's Pest Control and found them to be reliable and honest.
Old 02-21-2009, 07:38 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkomoros View Post
I know we need to get a landscaper after we settle on our new home next week. Any suggestions for one? We will be part-timers for awhile, so will need someone dependable who doesn't need constant monitoring.

Also, does everyone line up pest control right away, or just as needed?
I just had a landscaper yesterday and for $500. I got 3 very good size palms, you can pick & choose the type. Plus they moved 2 trees from the front to the back included in that price. Did a great job. McGowan's is the name.
Old 02-21-2009, 08:52 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,658 Times in 592 Posts

I'm a contrarian, we're part timers, but are here monthly.

I do my own pest control and have not had a problem.

When you say landscaper, do you really mean landscaping or someone to cut the grass (ongoing maintenance). The grass doesn't grow that darned fast here even in summer and not at all in winter.

Use Preen for weed control, once every 3 months, works like a charm.

You have to monitor all contractors, in my opinion, nature of the game. Though there are good ones for sure (plenty of recommendations above).
Lots of people don't want to mess with the upkeep, so I understand that too.
Best wishes.
Old 04-29-2009, 11:22 AM

I used A & C Exteriors, and have been very happy with the quality & service
Old 05-06-2009, 08:18 PM

Try Complete Property Maintenance. we have used them for years. Local guys with lots of knowledge. 352-603-4619 or 352-303-9596
Old 07-13-2009, 10:26 AM

We're here part-time and looking for someone to maintain our yard. We have had Superior for the past 3 months. They were $50 per month, which seems expensive as I pay less than that for a much bigger yard in Virginia. We have someone who cuts our grass, so we just need weed control, fertilizer, etc. Any suggestions?
Old 07-13-2009, 01:38 PM

Only down every few months so we have one company that takes care of everything. Mow,Weeding,All Lawn Chemicals,Termite,Pest. Company is PTL and we pay them monthly $125.00. No checks they just do a monthly draw on my charge card.
Old 07-13-2009, 06:28 PM

I recently went with Superior after trying to do my own for a couple of months. Their results are a lot better than mine. They charge a flat rate up to 1/4 acre, and since I have a large yard, it seem like a good deal to me.
Old 07-13-2009, 11:28 PM
Angry Stay Away

Whatever you do, stay away from the one on Rt. 301 South called " Exteior Spaces on the left side of 301 South off 466. BAD NEWS.. they have a file a mile long at Senior Crime Bureau...
Old 07-14-2009, 06:50 AM
Location: Originally from PA, lived in South Jersey & presently in VA

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkomoros View Post
We're here part-time and looking for someone to maintain our yard. We have had Superior for the past 3 months. They were $50 per month, which seems expensive as I pay less than that for a much bigger yard in Virginia. We have someone who cuts our grass, so we just need weed control, fertilizer, etc. Any suggestions?
OMG - you pay LESS than $50 a month in VA to have your grass cut? That blew me away. Where in VA are you located? I live in VA and I have to pay $40 per WEEK just to have the grass cut. Anything else is additional - hedge trimming, mulch, weeding, etc. Moving to TV will SAVE me money.

Betty in Farmville, VA
Old 07-14-2009, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Opulence View Post
OMG - you pay LESS than $50 a month in VA to have your grass cut? That blew me away. Where in VA are you located? I live in VA and I have to pay $40 per WEEK just to have the grass cut. Anything else is additional - hedge trimming, mulch, weeding, etc. Moving to TV will SAVE me money.

Betty in Farmville, VA
You only get that rate on an annual contract. It is still a good deal, but the grass doesn't grow in the winter.
Old 07-14-2009, 09:45 AM
Location: Originally from PA, lived in South Jersey & presently in VA

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVRoadie View Post
You only get that rate on an annual contract. It is still a good deal, but the grass doesn't grow in the winter.
Yes, I agree it IS a good deal. My grass is cut starting in April and continues to the weekend before Thanksgiving - Approximately 9 months out of the year.

I am trying to plan a trip the TV soon. I want to see for myself what it has to offer.

Betty
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.