Landscaping contractors.

Closed Thread
Old 04-27-2009, 07:38 AM
Gold member
Location: Retired and living fulltime in The Village of Bonita!

Has anyone used Terrascape? We picked up a card last time we were in TV.

Army Guy
Old 04-27-2009, 09:36 AM
Gold member
Send a message via AIM to Shirleevee

I wish I could post pictures here to show the beautiful landscaping done on our home by LWV Landscaping. We are extremely satisfied.

Staten Island, N.Y./The Villages
Old 04-27-2009, 03:32 PM

I'll say it again. We are happy with LWV. From what I've heard about some of these so-called complaints, I wouldn't bother responding either.
Old 09-04-2009, 01:58 PM
Default Sunscape

Jeff of Sunscape and his crew did a fabulous job for me. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them.
Old 09-04-2009, 03:17 PM

As an update on some of my earlier comments, unfortunately LWV is no longer a viable option.
Old 09-04-2009, 07:51 PM
Veteran member

Why is LWV no longer a viable option? Is she the one that took deposits from a lot of folks and never did any of the work? I had recently heard that criminal charges had been filed.
Old 09-05-2009, 07:37 AM

They did great work for us and a number of our friends. Very creative. Don't know the current situation for sure other than they are not in business.
Old 09-05-2009, 07:44 AM
Default landscapes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mallory View Post
We've used L.W.V Landscape. Did a very good job for us - gave us everything we wanted and more, especially Seminole stone chips for our planting beds rather than the mulch we had before. No weed problem now. Fair pricing, get the work done when they say they will, know how to plant (no staking of palms and they don't fall over), and help in the maintenance long term.

Call Lisa at 352-636-8850.
Do not use LWV Landscapes ,Lisa Whitehead is now in jail, for taking money in the thousands and not doing the work. she got me for $2,000. the district attorney is now handling the case. unhappy customer..............
Old 09-05-2009, 03:28 PM

LWV took our neighbor to the tune of $4000, and was arrested for that so I hear. There are lots of good landscapers and bad ones, and it is important to do two simple things:

1. Check them all out before ever ever writing a contract and providing a deposit (never more than 25%), and

2. Never Ever pay for the job until 100% of all work has been totally done to your satisfaction. Then and only then pay or write a check.

The problems I hear about all the time at TOTV is about Villagers simply NOT USING COMMON SENSE. Crooks and cons will see stupidity every day and take advantage of that.

Some of the landscapers bid jobs way too low to undercut their competition. Becareful of that. You get what you pay for.

Paradise Landscapers does do very good good work, and does complete their jobs. With us, they took a while, but the work did get done and was to our full satisfaction after our job was finally completed. Don't be afraid to contract with PARADISE, but do use common sense when contracting for landscaping work. Apply the two RULES listed above and you will never go wrong.

R. Knauer

Last edited by NavyCO; 09-07-2009 at 09:10 AM.
Old 12-18-2009, 03:48 PM

give custom scapes a call they just did our villa and service was great
Old 12-20-2009, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpusX1 View Post
Has any one used Exterior Spaces for landscaping? Just got an estimate from them to redo our courtyard villa. I am always looking for the pros/cons.
We used Citrus & Palms located on 441 close to Marion Market. Fantastic job. Very professional, great printed layout before job. We have recommended them to many of our friends, and they feel the same.
Old 02-24-2010, 07:34 AM
Platinum member
Thumbs down Landscaper Skates

Talked to a neighbor this morning about his 3 new palms that weren't staked. 1 palm is leaning already & the owner said that none of them had any bubblers (water) going to them. The owner allegedly questioned the landscaper and the owner said that the landscaper told him he didn't stake trees and didn't know where the irrigation line was located.

Buyer beware.
Old 03-23-2010, 10:16 AM
Default Does anyone have knowledge of "earthscapes" unlimited, inc's work?

Looking for feedback on their honesty, capability and reliability for landscape work.
Old 04-28-2010, 08:57 AM

Can u give me more info on your landscaper Thanks Herb

Last edited by dcrherb; 04-29-2010 at 06:13 AM.
Old 05-11-2010, 08:39 PM
Default Kwik Kerb landscaping

Hi everyone, we have friends who are using Kwik Kerb, they were very pleased with the proposal they got and agreed to let them start work. They are not here at the time and we are checking on what they are doing. It seems they are doing their "own thing" and not using the plants agreed upon. No money has changed hands. Our friends have called Kwik Kerb and their calls are not returned. I see no indication that they are landscapers. Tomorrow I will go to their house and tell them to stop what they are doing until they get in touch with our friends. Any thoughts?? Thanks
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.