Lawn Service

Closed Thread
Old 05-07-2015, 11:30 AM
Gold member
Default Lawn Service

Mom and I have had Stellar (now Service Smart) since we built our home in May 2012. Service Smart called me this week and got a little snarly with me. He then called our property manager and got snarly with her.

I just got the renewal notice. He told me the contract was up at the end of April. He changed the date to May 13th when I told him I didn't even own the home in April and had signed a 13 month contract in May! What happened to the 13 months?

Stellar has been repsonsive when my property manager calls but we have always had a brown spot in the front lawn and crab grass. Our lawn needs weekly mowings in the summer and I couldn't believe Service Smart wants an additional $880 for that on top of what we are already paying.

I have talked to my property manager (and her husband) about other companies and have read the reviews on TOTV. My property manager got estimates from Massey and KB Landscaping.

Since I'm 1100 miles away I like a full service company. Massey does everything. KB does everything but inside termite and pest treatment but is still a little cheaper if I get Massey or Orkin to do that.

Does anyone have any experience with Massey or KB Landscaping? Or, any other recommendations. Thanks!

Last edited by Sable99; 05-07-2015 at 12:58 PM.
Old 05-07-2015, 11:54 AM
Gold member

I have used Massey for maybe 5 years now and am very pleased.
Old 05-07-2015, 12:22 PM

stella merged with service smart this month, both company still suck and they are still not friendly from the women in the office to owners.
Old 05-07-2015, 12:53 PM

We had Massey and were disappointed with their lawn care & shrub care. We are gone for months at a time and every time we came back the place looked horrible. That said, we had Stellar and things improved for awhile then got just as bad.
Old 05-08-2015, 04:48 AM
Veteran member

We are using Heron Lawn and Pest. Had Massey years back, did not like their service. So far really like their service. Yard is coming along nicely.

Pest Control Orlando | Termite Control | Lawn Care Orlando, FL | Heron Lawn and Pest Control

You can also try Superior, They were my next in line. I know alot of folks that use them and are happy.

Ocala Pest Control And Lawn Care Service For Central Florida

Dont think you can go wrong with either one.
Old 05-08-2015, 07:43 AM

We use Oxford Lawn Service - mowing edging, etc. they also trim shrubs and weed.
We got rid of Massey and have had Dean's for a year now. We are very pleased.
Old 05-08-2015, 08:39 AM

We had stellar and dropped them went to Heron for lawn and shrub fertilization and pest control. We went to (The Perfect Mow) to cut and trim grass and they do an excellent job 352-284-LAWN they go above and beyond for service
Old 05-08-2015, 10:00 AM
Sage
Thanked 6,147 Times in 2,246 Posts

Been using Deans for over 18 months, all good so far.
Old 05-08-2015, 11:03 AM
Default Lawn care

Quote:
Originally Posted by GaryW View Post
We are using Heron Lawn and Pest. Had Massey years back, did not like their service. So far really like their service. Yard is coming along nicely.

Pest Control Orlando | Termite Control | Lawn Care Orlando, FL | Heron Lawn and Pest Control

You can also try Superior, They were my next in line. I know alot of folks that use them and are happy.

Ocala Pest Control And Lawn Care Service For Central Florida

Dont think you can go wrong with either one.
When we purchased our Patio Villa the previous had Superior for lawn care,pest control and termite bond.We continued with Superior for about $425 a year.Every 5 years they retreat the outside of the house for termites for free.
We only owned the Villa since May 2013 but they retreated for termites last year because the Villa was under contract for the past 5 years.One time some bugs got into the Villa and Superior was at the house the next day and took care of the issue.The lawn looks good.Superior does not mow or trim so you need to hire a mower.My Villa costs $35 a month.
Total $845 for the year.We are snowbirds and are in TV Sept and Oct and then Jan,Feb and March.
Old 05-08-2015, 10:23 PM
Platinum member

What kind of lawn care do they do if they don't mow or trim?
Old 05-08-2015, 10:40 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fraugoofy View Post
What kind of lawn care do they do if they don't mow or trim?
Superior fertilizes and treats for pests and weeds. We've had them for 3 years and have the nicest lawn on the street. We also have a great lawn guy who mows once or twice a week during the growing season, depending on what it needs. He uses a walk behind mower and edges, weed whacks and trims our shrubs.
Finding a good lawn care company is probably the biggest challenge in home ownership in The Villages. We hired and fired two companies in the first two years. We had to get Seniors vs Crime involved when dealing with the second company which owed us money for damage to our home.
Old 05-08-2015, 10:45 PM
Platinum member

Thanks for helping me understand...
Old 05-08-2015, 11:18 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluedog103 View Post
Finding a good lawn care company is probably the biggest challenge in home ownership in The Villages.
I totally agree.
Sable99 has said that she prefers to deal with a full-service company because she is in MI.
We also prefer to deal with a full-service company, so we only have one point of contact.
We've found that it's very challenging to find a reliable company that does everything --
lawn mowing, weeding beds, fertilizing palms, trimming shrubs, pest control in and out, termites, etc.

Sable99, I'm sending you a PM.
Old 05-09-2015, 05:53 AM

masset is the best
Old 05-09-2015, 11:36 AM

Don't go with Massey, tried them twice and fired them twice, killed my wife's flowers numerous times.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.