Lesco fertilizer

Closed Thread
Old 03-13-2013, 09:30 PM
Default Lesco fertilizer

We have zoysia grass. Is lesco 24-0-11 fertilizer a good choice? If not please tell me what is a good treatment for spring summer and fall. Is it true that the first of the three numbers should be twice as much as the third and the middle number should be zero. we do not see scotts with similar numbers. would like to do this by ourselves. thank you
Old 03-14-2013, 05:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricthemic View Post
We have zoysia grass. Is lesco 24-0-11 fertilizer a good choice? If not please tell me what is a good treatment for spring summer and fall. Is it true that the first of the three numbers should be twice as much as the third and the middle number should be zero. we do not see scotts with similar numbers. would like to do this by ourselves. thank you
I have purchased Lesco turf and shrub/palm fertilizer from John Deere Landscaping for the last 2 years. They generally suggest 15-0-15 for zoysia. Too much nitrogen increases the risk for fungus development, and more potash will improve root development. They have been very helpful, and their prices beat the big boxes,
Old 03-14-2013, 07:17 AM

Information provided at February's Twice on Tuesdays landscaping seminar confirms BobandMarilyn's advice.

Also:

Look for fertilizer that doesn't have more than a 2:1 ratio of nitrogen to potassium (first and third numbers on the fertilzer bag).

Total nitrogen content percentage should be at least 15% but 30% works better.

Buy fertilizer that is slow release, which is indicated by water insoluble or polymer coated written somewhere on the bag.
Old 03-14-2013, 07:48 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,301 Times in 2,369 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricthemic View Post
Helpful zoysia grass hints here:
Circle C Farms - Interactive Problem Solving
EMPIRE Turf | Zoysia Grass | One Lawn, Many Benefits
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.