Local nursery for citrus trees?

Closed Thread
Old 12-26-2008, 02:38 AM
Default Local nursery for citrus trees?

Can anyone recommend a local nursery that has a good selection of citrus trees? I'd like to get a dwarf Meyer lemon, clementine, kumquat and perhaps some other interesting varieties for my back yard.
Old 12-26-2008, 08:48 AM
Dancing Thyme

Bike, I'm looking for the same trees. If I find the nursery, I'll post it. Nothing greater than Meyer lemon dwarf trees!! Will keep you posted.

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

(For those who know me) I consider ON TIME to be when I get there.....
Old 12-26-2008, 12:31 PM
Veteran member

When we were down there last October, I too wanted some more citrus trees.
I went everywhere, nurseries, the big box places, etc.
I finally did find a place that sold JUST Citrus trees for a good price. I bought three of them, around 5' or so for $20.00 a piece.

I now have a Mineola Tangelo, a Meyer Lemon, a Ruby Red Grapefruit, a Navel Orange and a 12 year old huge Valencia orange that produces tons of oranges.

This place was on the county road that is behind the Plantation, that the back gate opens to...I think it was CR366?? I don't remember. I'm sorry, I just don't remember more. It was aways out, but there was a sign saying Citrus trees, open to the public. The place had more varieties then any other place I found.
They were wholesalers that sold to the nurseries. They had some greenhouses, and the person running it was just under a tent drinking coke.

The place was not fancy at all, but the guy there knew alot about different citrus, and the prices were good.

I remember turning right out of the plantation, then following the CR366 (I think) signs. you turned right again pretty quick, went through a town or two, then it was in the sticks on the corner of CR366 and another road. Probably about 10-15 miles from The Plantation, so it would be farther from TV.

Sorry, I know that is poor info, but i'm freezing 1300 miles away right now in NY, and it is the best I can do.

Frank D.
Old 12-26-2008, 04:32 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,301 Times in 2,369 Posts

Go south on 441,flea market on the left, lots of trees.
Old 12-26-2008, 04:45 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,301 Times in 2,369 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
Go south on 441,flea market on the left, lots of trees.
i would add its accross from the western wear store.
Old 12-26-2008, 04:50 PM
Platinum member
Default Tree Nursery

Check with the nursery east of Colony Square. Can't think of the name but it's less than 5 minutes down 466A. Handie and I went there.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.