No grass in new villas?

Closed Thread
Old 08-05-2008, 07:28 PM
Default No grass in new villas?

I will be moving to The Villages in one week and will be looking to buy a new 3 bedroom villa. However, on a visit a few weeks ago, the salesperson told me that I cannot put grass in the backyard of the new villas (it is now concrete and pine needles). To steal a line from Jeff Foxworthy, my dog "will be as confused as a cow on astroturf". Does anyone know of a groundcover I could use that a dog might consider worthy of using for...well, you know, and that one could play fetch on? Thanks, aceskaters (Villager to be)
Old 08-09-2008, 11:43 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,647 Times in 589 Posts
Default Re: No grass in new villas?

this is a courtyard villa behind a fence? I don't see why you can't put grass back there.
I'd double check this with the Architectural Review Board.

I've the opposite issue on a new patio villa. I've got grass in the back that I'd want to remove, and was told by the sales rep and builder that I can't remove it all (but can some per the ARB).

Anyway, I plan to pursue it, so should you
Old 08-09-2008, 11:56 PM
JohnnyM

Aceskaters we have a 3 br CYV with no grass. There are no sprinkler systems per se set up for our villa's just drip systems. I would think if you wanted grass you would have to put in a viable sprinkler system with it. We intend to put rock all around when we sell, if we ever sell, this house. Good luck......
Old 08-17-2008, 04:17 PM

I was finally told, upon asking a fourth salesperson, that I could install grass, but would have to jackhammer the concrete after closing...BUT, there is a new option...in Hemingway there are a few new ranch homes with completely fenced backyards (full of grass)...I bought one immediately and close on Thursday!!! Thanks for all your help. aceskaters
Old 08-17-2008, 04:24 PM
Sage

The Villages, FL

Ace,

Congrats and to TV.....there truly is something for everyone here.
Old 08-18-2008, 12:13 AM
Sage
Thanked 1,647 Times in 589 Posts

Aceskaters, I looked at those they were really nice. I'm glad they'll suit your needs.

I didn't want much of a yard, so I ended up in a villa with no grass.
Nice homes though! I'm happy for you.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.