Replenishment of Cul-de-sac roundabouts

Closed Thread
Old 03-21-2009, 02:14 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Default Replenishment of Cul-de-sac roundabouts

Many of the cul-de-sac roundabouts could use a plant maintenance upgrade but when you call Maintenace they say all they can do is maintain what is currently there (and alive), pull weeds,lay pine straw etc. for there are so many residental cul-de-sac s and not enouhg money to provide for proper maintenace and replenishment of sorely looking plants.

Has anyone taken it upon themselves or as a neighbood project to replenish the plants that have died away in these cul-de-sac roundabouts?? Did you need to get approval from someone (if so who).
Old 03-21-2009, 03:09 PM
Eternal Member

Your CDD should provide the maintenance and care of the cul-de-sac roundabouts. As far as I understand, it is part of the annual maintenance fee you pay to the CDD through your taxes.

Contact you local CDD contact to see what they can do.

Second star to the right, then straight on 'til morning.
Old 03-21-2009, 06:13 PM

The Villages are though about letting you do much to the roundabouts, I had a few customers who were willing to all chip in and have it replanted to look nicer and they would not let them do anything with it. I really do not understand why we were going to use plants The Villages recommends.
Old 03-21-2009, 07:23 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Where are they? It seems everywhere I look things are blooming beautifully.
Old 03-21-2009, 09:46 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by 784caroline View Post
Many of the cul-de-sac roundabouts could use a plant maintenance upgrade but when you call Maintenace they say all they can do is maintain what is currently there (and alive), pull weeds,lay pine straw etc. for there are so many residental cul-de-sac s and not enouhg money to provide for proper maintenace and replenishment of sorely looking plants.

Has anyone taken it upon themselves or as a neighbood project to replenish the plants that have died away in these cul-de-sac roundabouts?? Did you need to get approval from someone (if so who).
Caroline, I am very surprised about your concern!!

In our area (south of 466), every single area is meticulously maintained and replanted. I am always amazed at how quickly and beautifully the general areas are maintained.
Old 03-21-2009, 10:04 PM
Sage

Yes, it seems that a few weeks' ago the plants in the roundabouts were dead from the freezing weather we had; then all of a sudden there were beautiful blooms in our area south of 466/ Could it be that, since the Trolley now comes by here daily, the roundabouts were recently replanted?
Old 03-22-2009, 06:54 AM
Veteran member

Ours is great and no trolley tracks here.
Old 03-22-2009, 12:19 PM
Soaring Eagle member

I am not talking about the round-abouts on Morse or Buena Vista...(those areas are kept up very well) but in the residental areas at the end of streets that have cul-de-sac at the end. Here TV does not typically plant flowering plants but only lirope or green bushes and most plants other than the green bushes die out or got hit by the frost this year. Maintenance is good at cleaning up the area but have not replaced any of the plants that died out. Las Vegas ansd zcaveman have the correct picture.

Again all calls to maintenance come back "we will check into it but money is tight to replenish plants in residental cul-de-sacs".

Last edited by 784caroline; 03-22-2009 at 06:48 PM.
Old 03-22-2009, 05:22 PM
Veteran member

We rented in El Cortez and there was a roundabout that was HORRIBLE...looked like it had been planted with bushes in the 1950's
I wouldn't have been happy if I lived there.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.