Sylvester Palm Island

Closed Thread
Old 05-04-2015, 01:01 PM
TOTV SPONSOR
Default Sylvester Palm Island

Here we are featuring a Sylvester Palm with the Carlos cut. ( This is what we call the cut, I'm sure it has many different names)

The first picture posted is Step #1 - This is the look of the palm before we trimmed it.

Second picture Step #2 - It is now cut and trimmed and ready to be installed.

Third picture Step #3 - Palm tree installed, becoming the focal point and feature of the property in addition to the beautiful block wall that was added for enhancement.

KGL Landscaping and Hardscapes

352-347-8307
Attached Thumbnails
The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	CAM00277.jpg
Views:	577
Size:	1.38 MB
ID:	50993   The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	CAM00278.jpg
Views:	884
Size:	1.50 MB
ID:	50994   The Villages Florida: Click image for larger version

Name:	CAM00289.jpg
Views:	1690
Size:	1.74 MB
ID:	50995  
Old 05-20-2015, 06:02 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by KGL Landscaping View Post
Here we are featuring a Sylvester Palm with the Carlos cut. ( This is what we call the cut, I'm sure it has many different names). KGL Landscaping and Hardscapes
352-347-8307
We have a double Sylvester Palm that we love.
It was diamond cut in 2010 when it was planted.
Does it need to be diamond cut at regular intervals?
Old 05-20-2015, 08:52 PM
Sage

In 2012 we grieved over our Sylvester planted in 2011. It looked like it was dying. Called Tree Frog and he evaluated it and injected some medicine. After that and regular feedings it revived.

We think the problem was the soil in which it was planted (hard clay) and the fact we didn't fertilize it properly at the beginning. It probably was in shock the first year. Since then it's doing much better. We love the Sylvester. It's not a messy palm and it doesn't mind the winters here.

PS. You should probably fertilize it yourself. I wouldn't trust other companies to do it. Use Lesco 8-2-12.
Old 05-22-2015, 08:55 AM

I have to stand up for Kevin Gokey. He did our landscape about a year ago, and we couldn't be happier with the job he did for us. Through the whole process, from planning to completion, Kevin was completely professional and honest. Every time we made a change, he was very clear about any added costs that might be involved. Our plants and palm tree are all thriving, and as the plants are maturing, the landscape is becoming even more beautiful. Kevin did not ask me to write this, and I have no ties to Kevin other than being a satisfied customer. He has done landscapes for several of our neighbors and they have all been pleased with his work and prices.
Old 05-22-2015, 11:21 AM
TOTV SPONSOR
Default tomjbud

Thank you so very much! We are very happy that you and your neighbors love your landscape! And again, thank you for the very kind compliment. We really do try to please our customers.
KGL Landscaping & Hardscapes
Kevin Gokey
Old 05-22-2015, 01:16 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barefoot View Post
We have a double Sylvester Palm that we love. It was diamond cut in 2010 when it was planted. Does it need to be diamond cut again?
Kevin, I'm wondering if you can give us your opinion on our double Sylvester - do Sylvesters need to be diamond cut at regular internals? Or will this harm them?
Old 05-22-2015, 02:34 PM
TOTV SPONSOR

Barefoot - I recommend you have the tree cut on regular intervals by maintenance because they know what depth to cut the frond back without causing trunk damage. Please feel free to call me for any questions you have.
Thank you,
Kevin Gokey
KGL Landscaping & Hardscapes 352-347-8307
Old 05-23-2015, 01:22 PM
Sage

Quote:
Barefoot - I recommend you have the tree cut on regular intervals by maintenance because they know what depth to cut the frond back without causing trunk damage. Please feel free to call me for any questions you have.
Thank you,
Kevin Gokey
KGL Landscaping & Hardscapes 352-347-8307
Thanks for the response Kevin.
When you say "tree cut by maintenance", is that a service KGL offers? Or do you know who does?
Old 05-29-2015, 12:32 PM
TOTV SPONSOR
Default Barefoot

Sorry it took so long to respond.. but maintenance would be who you use monthly to maintain your landscape/yard.
We used to offer those services but we no longer do.
Thank you,
Kevin Gokey
KGL Landscaping
352-347-8307
Old 05-29-2015, 01:23 PM
Sage

Quote:
Sorry it took so long to respond.. but maintenance would be who you use monthly to maintain your landscape/yard.
We used to offer those services but we no longer do.
I'm not talking about removing a few dead fronds. I do believe that diamond cutting of a Sylvester trunk is a specialized service, and not something that should be done by monthly lawn-maintenance staff.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.