Who Do I Consider for Lawn Care...Now That Service Smart is Fired

Closed Thread
Old 05-13-2015, 05:32 PM

We also have Deans, they do it all! Good results, no pressure or contract when we signed up.
Old 05-17-2015, 09:04 AM

The problem with all these guys is they have a weak business plan, can't or won't manage and only think about adding to their customer base when they can't even handle what they are already trying to service. Your service performance is only as good as the person on your route. Unfortunately i think I will have to go back to specialty companies and manage the coordination of services
Old 05-17-2015, 09:26 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Happy with K&B for last four years and I am a bit picky
Old 05-17-2015, 11:02 AM
Gold member

I'm in the same boat as the OP. I am probably going to drop Service Smart. It doesn't help that I'm 1100 miles away and my property manager is out of the office for a few weeks because of surgery. It also doesn't help that I've lived in condos for the last 30 years and lawn care is greek to me!

Since I'm so far away I like a company that does everything. My property manager says I need weekly mowings in the summer.

I have gotten estimates from Massey, Deans and KB. I find Masseys to be pricey but it does include weekly mowings in the summer. KB's contract is a little confusing to me. I have to call Dean's back because they broke down the Basic Plan with bi-monthly mowings. But, they didn't break down the price witih their Basic Plus Plan or Ultimate plan with weekly mowings in the summer. I haven't gotten a price from Fertigator.

I have to find a company soon or the neighbors will be complaining the grass is too high!
Old 05-17-2015, 11:10 AM
Gold member

I forgot to mention that Dean's bills monthly. But, every other month it is a different price. The way I understand it is on the even months you pay for pest, termite and shrub, irrigation and mowing and on the odd months you pay only for mowing.
Old 07-07-2015, 10:32 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sable99 View Post
I forgot to mention that Dean's bills monthly. But, every other month it is a different price. The way I understand it is on the even months you pay for pest, termite and shrub, irrigation and mowing and on the odd months you pay only for mowing.
I have Dean's also. I pay $85 a month for mowing (every other week) and tree/shrub trimming (every other month). Then I pay $127 every other month for pest spraying (every other month), I think the yearly Termite protection is included in this price. Dean's is OK, but I also am looking at trying someone else. Dean's is getting too big and I don't like having to call them all the time for a problem, I wish they were more pro-active. They do respond quickly though. Right now I have many brown spots and what looks like clumps of grass on my front lawn.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.