Old Ten Pin Bowling Balls

Closed Thread
Old 09-10-2015, 10:00 AM
Default Old Ten Pin Bowling Balls

Has anyone seen any old inexpensive bowling balls anywhere for sale? I want to make some garden art using one, but have not so far been able to locate any? Thanks for any information!
Old 09-10-2015, 10:45 AM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,034 Times in 364 Posts

You might try checking with the pro shop located in Spanish Springs Lanes. Ask for Nick, he should at least be able to point you in the right direction.
Old 09-10-2015, 10:52 AM

Ok, thanks and will try there.
Old 09-10-2015, 11:28 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,996 Times in 2,197 Posts

Quite often there are old balls left by the ball cleaning machine at Spanish spring lanes.
Old 09-10-2015, 11:32 AM

Thank you!
Old 09-10-2015, 03:45 PM

I have an old ball I no longer use. I seldom used it and I no longer bowl. You can have it. My phone # is 753-7220
Old 09-10-2015, 07:52 PM

Many thanks, may I call you tomorrow morning?
Old 09-10-2015, 08:09 PM
Gold member

Hopefully the garden bowling ball "art" isn't on view for everyone...no offense, but if I had a neighbor who thought putting bowling balls(in any form)on the lawn for all to see I'd call it in as it is in my very humble opinion...tacky to the max.

I'm glad(as a fellow artist)that you are willing to experiment with this medium(I've seen it on T.V.), but it is a medium that clashes with a nice natural view...good luck with your project.
Old 09-10-2015, 08:20 PM

We have 2 bowling balls if you want them Christine. Free.
Old 09-11-2015, 08:54 AM

Thank you very much and if you would pm me with your address that would be great.
Old 09-11-2015, 09:06 AM

Sorry to hear that you disapprove of garden art in its many forms and to hear you would call in your neighbor if they had something you did not care for on their lawn. Thank goodness for freedom of expression! Perhaps you would also call in the many religious statues, giant animals, arbors and other forms of garden art, holiday decorations etc etc that Villagers use to make their homes and gardens so unique and beautiful. All garden centers sell balls of all sizes in many forms and these are nestled in the plantings in gardens to great advantage. They are found in every kind of garden including the gardens of the rich and famous! Gazing balls are beautiful and a beautifully decorated and refurbished bowling ball is no larger than these as it no longer resembles the original. They certainly are NOT tacky for sure! Maybe I should run outside and remove my tiny garden gnome before he gets reported for being offensive to the landscape. I will certainly enjoy continuing with my project!
Old 09-11-2015, 10:01 AM
Eternal Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christine G View Post
Sorry to hear that you disapprove of garden art in its many forms and to hear you would call in your neighbor if they had something you did not care for on their lawn. Thank goodness for freedom of expression! Perhaps you would also call in the many religious statues, giant animals, arbors and other forms of garden art, holiday decorations etc etc that Villagers use to make their homes and gardens so unique and beautiful. All garden centers sell balls of all sizes in many forms and these are nestled in the plantings in gardens to great advantage. They are found in every kind of garden including the gardens of the rich and famous! Gazing balls are beautiful and a beautifully decorated and refurbished bowling ball is no larger than these as it no longer resembles the original. They certainly are NOT tacky for sure! Maybe I should run outside and remove my tiny garden gnome before he gets reported for being offensive to the landscape. I will certainly enjoy continuing with my project!
I think he is referring to homes south of 466. Our deed restrictions do not allow ornamental items in our yards and flower beds.

Tags
balls, bowling, information, locate, art, garden, pin, inexpensive, sale, make, ten

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.