441 urgent care

Closed Thread
Old 03-18-2016, 05:15 PM
Default 441 urgent care

My friend flew down for a visit & developed what she thought was a UTI. Took her to 441 Urgent care. A specimen was taken. Without having results NP gave her a shot of antibiotics & a prescription. She was told to return the next day to review her results which would occur another office visit fee. She requested that her results be faxed to her home Dr. This Dr. Never received results. How can an NP prescribe medication without having test results? And why should she have to pay for another office visit to get her test result?
Senior citizens beware. In my opinion this is not ethical!

Old 03-21-2016, 11:17 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdfisk@juno.com View Post
My friend flew down for a visit & developed what she thought was a UTI. Took her to 441 Urgent care. A specimen was taken. Without having results NP gave her a shot of antibiotics & a prescription. She was told to return the next day to review her results which would occur another office visit fee. She requested that her results be faxed to her home Dr. This Dr. Never received results. How can an NP prescribe medication without having test results? And why should she have to pay for another office visit to get her test result?
Senior citizens beware. In my opinion this is not ethical!
Its called Urgent Care, They bill for every visit. My regular doctor does the same thing.
Old 03-21-2016, 11:29 AM
Veteran member

Primary care doctors are doing the same thing. Mine sent me for routine bloodwork then scheduled an appointment for me to come in and get results. I went to Quest, had my blood drawn and signed up for their online results. I had my results before my doctor did. I then called the Dr office and canceled the follow up. They asked why and I explained that I already got my results and since there was nothing to be alarmed about, I'm not paying another copay for them to tell me everything is fine.
Old 03-21-2016, 11:38 AM
Platinum member

I had a UTI and went to Paramount Urgent Care. Walked in and registered, took urine test, called in to see PA, results were UTI confirmed, pd $10 for prescription and signed out ..all in under an hour. They are on 466 on left just before Rolling Acres Rd.
Old 03-21-2016, 12:24 PM
Soaring Eagle member
Thanked 1,041 Times in 368 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by raynan View Post
I had a UTI and went to Paramount Urgent Care. Walked in and registered, took urine test, called in to see PA, results were UTI confirmed, pd $10 for prescription and signed out ..all in under an hour. They are on 466 on left just before Rolling Acres Rd.
We have been there more than once and we've been satisfied with treatment. I'm sure they don't satisfy everyone, but they have been good to us.
Old 03-21-2016, 04:23 PM
Veteran member

I love 441 Urgent Care-Adam Santos is terrific !
Old 03-21-2016, 06:45 PM

Good news! 441 Urgent Care is opening an office in Brownwood area soon. Now, if we could only get a reasonable dress shop down here, it would be very much appreciated! It's a long ride to Beall's at the Colony and even longer to Ross, & TJ Maxx near Spanish Springs.
Old 03-21-2016, 07:28 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatherer47 View Post
I love 441 Urgent Care-Adam Santos is terrific !

Da Chicago So Side; The Village of Park Forest, IL; 3/7 Cav, 3rd Inf Div, Schweinfurt, Ger 65-66; MACV J12 Saigon 66-67; San Leandro, Hayward & Union City, CA (San Francisco East Bay Area) GO DUBS ! (aka W's)
Old 03-21-2016, 11:01 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by raynan View Post
I go to Paramount Urgent Care for allergy shots every eight weeks.
I'm a self pay. I find they are much less expensive than other Urgent Care clinics.
Located on the north side of CR 466 between Morse and Rolling Acres.
Old 03-22-2016, 05:26 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,507 Times in 1,907 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by spring_chicken View Post
Primary care doctors are doing the same thing. Mine sent me for routine bloodwork then scheduled an appointment for me to come in and get results. I went to Quest, had my blood drawn and signed up for their online results. I had my results before my doctor did. I then called the Dr office and canceled the follow up. They asked why and I explained that I already got my results and since there was nothing to be alarmed about, I'm not paying another copay for them to tell me everything is fine.

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. If we had gone to all of those years of education and internship then we could confidently assess our own medical tests. I am not angry when I am asked to see the doctor after routine tests. I am not stupid either. I am Dr. Mom and I have years and years of practical medical knowledge stored in my pretty little head and I am not as dumb as I look, and that is why I consult a physician.
Old 03-22-2016, 09:31 AM
Sage
Location: NJ, NM, SC, PA, DC, MD, VA, NY, CA, ID and finally FL.
Thanked 4,620 Times in 1,764 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. If we had gone to all of those years of education and internship then we could confidently assess our own medical tests. I am not angry when I am asked to see the doctor after routine tests. I am not stupid either. I am Dr. Mom and I have years and years of practical medical knowledge stored in my pretty little head and I am not as dumb as I look, and that is why I consult a physician.

I have learned the hard way over the years not to be penny wise and pound foolish.

“To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead.” Thomas Paine
Closed Thread

Tags
results, visit, office, test, care, urgent, prescribe, home, ethical, medication, received, faxed, result, beware, citizens, opinion, senior, pay, review, specimen, gave, shot, uti, thought, flew

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.