Affordable Health Care Plan

Closed Thread
Old 03-26-2008, 09:44 PM
Default Re: Affordable Health Care Plan

Amen. They should only have the benefits while on the job, like us. And....... they should have a term limit to serve only 2 terms.
Old 03-27-2008, 03:34 AM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,220 Times in 752 Posts

Thank you for your commentary, Pebbles.

I, too, have wondered why that cap is so low on paying into Social Security. It does seem like this would be an obvious place to start crunching some numbers and to begin working toward a solution to some of this mess. - some incremental increases in the cap, at least.

I know that there were things in "Sicko" that may have been a part of firing for effect, but I think it is well worth watching.

Those who say, "Oh, I have health insurance so I don't have to worry," need to pull their heads out of the sand or wherever they have them shoved and open their eyes and their minds.

As hard as I try to stay away from this topic, I have ended up writing about it in two separate threads here. Anybody who has read the stuff knows where I stand. I am angry.

I am not a fan of big government or of more taxes, but something has got to give. I don't know why we are not marching in the streets.

Old 03-28-2008, 11:06 PM

I am 59, with pre-existing medical problems, so need health insurance. Blue Cross/Blue Shield refused me, but I did get coverage from AARP's United Health Care. My monthly premium is $696.50 with a $2500 yearly deductible. Even my doctor was outraged! She suggested I get catastrophic insurance only as I already pay for almost all my care. Even the prescription plan pays very little. If it were not for the VA coverage my husband receives, we would have to spend half our income on insurance.
Old 06-11-2008, 02:01 PM

Social Security is a mess, Medicare is a bigger mess. We all agree with that. If I remember correctly it was in 1964 that LBJ was able to get it pass in congress the Medicare law, even that I am a Republican (and will die the same) I honor this president for getting that law passed. It took another 30 years to have the Drug coverage added to the medicare, guess the maligned president that pass it. European countries have free socialized medicine which they pay with tremendous taxes. No matter how much we complain, we have one of the lowest individual taxes. And most important the right to choose.
At the speed congress moves it will take another 25 years to do something about it, therefore we dont have to worry, maybe there are no taxes or insurance to think about on the other side, because we will all be there when the mess is fixed.
Old 06-11-2008, 03:18 PM
Soaring Parsley
Thanked 2,220 Times in 752 Posts

Uh oh.

Through the wonders of the archives on TOTV, I just got rewound in this thread from the dark and dreary winter months when I could not resist posting on the topic of healthcare.

Not only am I in this thread, but within this thread, I had managed to reach back in and link yet another thread on the topic.

So I just read it all again. And you know what? Where my thoughts on my old posts are concerned, still, at this point, it's second verse same as the first -- or is it third verse same as the first? Who knows? I have lost track.

This topic remains a hot button with me.

Somebody needs to fix it, for all the reasons I have stated that are in this thread and within the thread within the thread.

My point has always been that so many I know are not looking for a free "ticket to ride." They just want to be able to buy"a ticket to ride" at a reasonable cost.

McCain has been talking a lot about helping small business. There is probably nothing that could help small business more than making access to healthcare affordable. Not taking healthcare over. Not forcing us into what the government thinks is best. But just figuring out affordable access for the backbone of this country who are finding their healthcare costs impossible.

There was a "What's your party?" thread on here awhile back.

I answered, "It was my party and I'll cry if I want to."

And while I am alluding to all those old song lyrics, as I am wont to do from time to time, just let me tell you right where I am right now where the upcoming election is concerned.

"Nowhere To Run. Nowhere To Hide."

I sure hope I get it figured out by November.

I will not pretend to be remotely able to discuss the war. But I do understand that the economy has lost its legs. Or has it been hamstrung?

Boomer

(Oh, and when I show up on here again, I am going to try really hard to stay away from political discussion. But when I saw the rewind, I just had to jump in and do an update. Although I guess it really was not an update. And I guess I got rewound in more ways than one.)
Old 06-12-2008, 02:46 AM
Veteran member

http://www.apd.myflorida.com/news/20...-drug-card.htm

Florida prescription drug plan ( available now )

http://www.hispanicbusiness.com/news...healthcare.htm

New plan hopefully available by Jan 08
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.