Anyone had experience with Royal Dental?

Closed Thread
Old 03-03-2010, 11:01 AM
Default Anyone had experience with Royal Dental?

German Gaitan, DDS is the third dentist I've seen in TV. Others jumped the price way up or lacked experience for the procedure. I'm told I need 2 implants, front teeth. This dentist was reccomended by an acquaintance but the $6000 price tag leaves me wondering if he's the guy for the job. p.s. thanks, all you lovely, caring people for your help solving my medigap quandry. I owe ya'. Now back to the subject. Dr. Gaitan. Is he any good? I play clarinet. I need those front teeth. Can I trust him to good a good job? Any insight will make me your slave forever. or I can promise you homemade English muffins. Please help. I am desperate......Now it's Thursday. I can't believe it. 205 views and only 4 replies, 2 of which were for some other dentist. So far I've got one for and one against. Any tiebreakers?

Last edited by Karaoke Junkie; 03-04-2010 at 08:24 PM. Reason: added something
Old 03-03-2010, 05:21 PM

Also having trouble finding a good dentist. Has anyone had experience with Adam Still at Laurel Manor Dental? Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
Old 03-03-2010, 06:19 PM

Yes, we use him. He is young and has done exams and one crown for us. Here in Florida crowns are the big thing. In Virginia my dentist would just fill and tooth, here everyone wants to crown. Crowns vary in price a lot from dentist to dentist. So far we are staying with Still.
Old 03-04-2010, 07:30 AM
Veteran member
Send a message via MSN to Bryan

I know nothing about Dr. Gaitan but the location of Royal Dental, near Mulberry Grove Rec Center, has, in the past, been a place where dentists "rent a chair" much as hairdressers rent a chair at beauty saloons. At that time it was called Mulberry Dental. Anyway, when one of the dentists moved on, there were a lot of problems getting copies of dental records covering work the departed dentist performed and no way to handle complaints or problems with dental work done by the departed dentist. Maybe that has all changed by now, I don't know, but it is worth checking out.
Old 03-04-2010, 07:49 AM
Default Dr. Gaitan

My hubby and I go to Dr. Gaitan. We like him and his staff a lot. Although we both feel he is expensive, what dentist around the Villages that is any good isn't expensive? Anyway, we have had 4 crowns done and cleanings and found that he is very good and meticulous. He also has an office with a partner in Orlando and either has or is in the process of opening another office in The Villages. His is NOT a "rent a chair" operation.

I'm the type of woman that when I get up in the morning the devil says "oh crap, she's up"!
Old 07-28-2010, 08:51 AM
Default Royal Dental

I have been to several dentists in The Villages. Dr. Gaitan is a very nice gentleman. His work is pretty good. His prices are quite reasonable compared to other offices in The Villages.

The issue that I do have is the cleanliness of the office, or the lack of. There is a strong mildew smell in the place. The floors are dirty and haven't been mopped. This is where the general public can see. What does it look like where you can't?

The equipment is really old and needs to be updated.

Finally, he has some guy go over the treatment plan with you with all the presure of a used car salesman. I found out later that this guy works on commission.

I just can't get past an unclean office. The best work in the world is negated by a dirty office.
Old 03-05-2013, 04:51 PM

My concern with Dr Gaitan and Royal Dentist, is I feel they may be taking advantage of Medicare patients. I had xrays and a consultation with a different dentist (different office) 5 months prior to visiting Royal Dental....no issues, no problems, no further treatment needed...but they screwed up my cleaning appt. so I decided to try Royal. I couldn't believe the # of xrays they took, three times what I have ever had before. I couldn't understand much of what he was saying during his diagnosis, except that he ended with what I could hear, "that things look pretty good". Next thing I knew, a young lady walked in with a huge laundry list of things I needed, totalling $2,200 from my pocket, over and above what medicare would pay....I went back to the previous dentist who saw none of these issues (ie deep cleanings, crowns, fillings). After discussing this experience with friends, I found two others who went through the same routine.....hugh laundry lists of "needs" totalling huge amounts over-and-above their medicare coverages....looks like medicare fraud to me
Old 03-14-2013, 09:22 AM

You may want to try an Oral Surgeon for a second option! I highlt reccommend Dr Barton Blumberg (352) 430-2100 at 1503 Buenos Aires. He charged me $150 for a complete consiltation, then applied it to my implant cost. He explains the entire process to you and he and his staff treat you like family not a customer.
Old 03-14-2013, 10:07 AM
Sage

I was wondering....Is there a specialty (dental) that deals with mostly front teeth? I have a need for some work done on my front teeth and know how important the front teeth are to your smile.
Old 04-02-2013, 07:48 PM
Location: Originally PA and NJ...now living on the Hysterical Side (aka Country Club Hills)
Send a message via Yahoo to mtnest917

Was at Royal Dental today. Happy with Dr. Gaitan and his staff. Office was clean. Wait was 1/2 hour after my appointment time but this seems quite normal with most of the docs around here. I am continuing my dental care through him.
Old 10-10-2013, 09:03 AM
Default Dr. Gaitan

Thanks so much for all of these comments. My husband needs to see a dentist soon. I also checked him on Angie's List and had only favorable comments.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.