Bare - How is the knee surgery doing?

Closed Thread
Old 09-16-2013, 07:37 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkcunningham1 View Post
Everyone is different, Barefoot. Take care of yourself and get through this one day at a time. (((HUGS)))
Thanks BKC ... See you on the golf course!
Old 09-16-2013, 07:41 PM
Sage

It is a date.
And put me on your dance card and I will put you on mine.
Old 10-02-2013, 09:14 AM

Bare, please give us an update. Thanks
Old 10-02-2013, 06:57 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by maureenod View Post
Bare, please give us an update.
Thanks for asking Maureen. It's now three months after my TNR. Everything is good, the surgeon and the physiotherapist are pleased with my progress. I stopped taking pain Meds after two months, even Tylenol. I am now able to be reasonably active, but some days my knee feels stiff. Not painful, just uncomfortable. I'm planning to golf when we return to TV in November. I massaged Vitamin E into the scar every night, and that made a big difference in the smoothness of the scar tissue. I'm still icing my knee often, it tends to swell up when I overdo it. Some days my knee looks normal, and some days it blows up like a balloon.

The one thing that I've learned is that everyone is different. It's certainly a more complex surgery than I was expecting. But I see now that I was way too impatient with my progress. Some people sail through the process, some are still struggling six months after the surgery. Physiotherapy is key for most of us!

Maureen, I think you had your robot-assisted surgery in April. How are you doing? Does your knee feel 100% "real" by now?
Old 10-04-2013, 07:40 AM

After 6 mos my knee is great. Going down stairs is a bit stiff especially in the morning, although so is the rest of my body. If I don't keep it moving it tightens up. Walking every day sure helps and if you golf, walk the course.
Old 10-31-2013, 01:12 AM
Default Hi Bare

Just now reading that you had TNR and struggled a little with pain. Glad to read that you are now fairly pain free. When you return to TV, consider going to a pool where there is a hot tub. You can alternate between the two and get some real good PT that way.

Glad to read you are doing better now.
Old 10-31-2013, 06:50 AM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseygirl08 View Post
Just now reading that you had TNR and struggled a little with pain. Glad to read that you are now fairly pain free. When you return to TV, consider going to a pool where there is a hot tub. You can alternate between the two and get some real good PT that way. Glad to read you are doing better now.
I am now almost four months after TNR. After two months I was able to stop taking pain meds. But after three months, it was like a light switch clicked! Of course I had one heck of a lot of Physio. But suddenly I could do things I couldn't do before, without even thinking about my new knee. It's very gratifying. Of course my knee is still stiff and sore after sitting ... I'm not looking forward to our 26 hour car ride to TV next week. Sometimes my knee swells up and needs to be iced. But I now totally get why people have this surgery done!

I am stoked, and can hardly wait to return to The Villages and golf. I will be going for more Physio to a Hot Tub .. I've done that for the past two years and it's helped a lot. Thanks for the suggestions Jersey Girl ... I haven't seen you posting for a while, and haven't seen you in person for ages! I hope things are well with you!
Old 11-02-2013, 07:11 PM

Dr. Duke did an amazing job on my hubby and YES, CPM is used and Ron used his for several times a day. When resting, his leg is elevated and doing something.
He also likes us to be home to avoid infection. Dr. Duke has done well lover 7K REPLACEMENTS and is the guru. Ron will have his other knee done and play ball again. Try him. great guy and oh, what a scalpel he wields!!!!
all the best... Roni
Old 11-02-2013, 07:15 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronsroni View Post
Dr. Duke did an amazing job on my hubby and YES, CPM is used and Ron used his for several times a day. When resting, his leg is elevated and doing something.
He also likes us to be home to avoid infection. Dr. Duke has done well lover 7K REPLACEMENTS and is the guru. Ron will have his other knee done and play ball again. Try him. great guy and oh, what a scalpel he wields!!!!
all the best... Roni
I've heard nothing but great comments about Dr. Duke! When did Ron have his surgery? How many degrees of flex does he have?
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.