Before you get knee surgery, Should you try Stem Cell treatment.

Closed Thread
Old 04-11-2017, 09:37 PM
Default Before you get knee surgery, Should you try Stem Cell treatment.

My wife and I attended a seminar on Stem Cell & Regenerative Options. Because I am very cautious of new treatments that have not been approved by the FDA. This seminar was well attended because many of us have joint pain. Also a free dinner. LOL What I would like to know has anyone on this forum had Stem Cell therapy on their knees, shoulders, back or hips. If so please tell us if you are satisfied and did it solve your pain problem. This treatment is not covered by insurance, nor is it cheap $3000/$5000. This includes all your MRI's, Ultra Sounds and X-rays. There is one injection and you walk out. Sounds to good to be true. I need some good input.
Old 04-12-2017, 08:05 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,499 Times in 1,906 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by rpribu View Post
My wife and I attended a seminar on Stem Cell & Regenerative Options. Because I am very cautious of new treatments that have not been approved by the FDA. This seminar was well attended because many of us have joint pain. Also a free dinner. LOL What I would like to know has anyone on this forum had Stem Cell therapy on their knees, shoulders, back or hips. If so please tell us if you are satisfied and did it solve your pain problem. This treatment is not covered by insurance, nor is it cheap $3000/$5000. This includes all your MRI's, Ultra Sounds and X-rays. There is one injection and you walk out. Sounds to good to be true. I need some good input.
Here is a current thread about the same subject.

I say beware of any meeting in a hotel and a free lunch. They are trying to SELL you something.

Here is the thread.

Doctors using Stem Cells
Old 04-12-2017, 12:59 PM

Thanks Gracie
I did go to the thread and I don't believe anyone has used the treatment here in The Villages. I normally don't go to seminars to get a free lunch, this one educated me on the use of Stem Cells. When I got home I did my research and found out until the treatment is proven it's not for me or my wife. I know more today then before the seminar. Thanks again
Old 04-12-2017, 01:56 PM
Sage
Thanked 6,088 Times in 2,230 Posts

There were some previous threads on this subject, with I believe references to the offerings in The Villages. Try a search on 'stem'. Once you get the information from this site, contact your own personal care doctor, and get their assessment of this option. I did this with a relative (a highly respected cardiovascular surgeon), and after the discussion we walked away. I share GraciGirl comments, do your own research (WebMD, FDA, etc.) before proceeding.

Tags
cell, stem, sounds, pain, attended

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.