C.o.p.d.

Closed Thread
Old 10-06-2013, 03:24 PM
Sage
Default C.o.p.d.

Generally, how do people with C.O.P.D. do in The Villages year round?

Asking this for a friend/neighbor whose husband suffers from very early Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease.

His symptoms become worse during the cold winter months, however during the humid summer months he does have a wet croupy chronic cough.

Thanks in advance. I told her I'd check.....they are just in the early stages of "thinking" about a warmer climate. He also seems bothered by mold in particular. Originally thought it was bronchitis and or asthma.

Again, thank you.
Old 10-07-2013, 04:19 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by senior citizen View Post
Generally, how do people with C.O.P.D. do in The Villages year round?

Asking this for a friend/neighbor whose husband suffers from very early Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease.

His symptoms become worse during the cold winter months, however during the humid summer months he does have a wet croupy chronic cough.

Thanks in advance. I told her I'd check.....they are just in the early stages of "thinking" about a warmer climate. He also seems bothered by mold in particular. Originally thought it was bronchitis and or asthma.

Again, thank you.

I knew one person with C.O.P.D. and she seemed to do fairly well with with the help of her medication/inhaler. A good way for them to find out is to visit The Villages for a month or so in August.
Old 10-07-2013, 04:38 PM

I agree. I have "mild to moderate" COPD.I'm a year round resident and I do just fine.
Old 10-07-2013, 08:29 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Villages PL View Post
I knew one person with C.O.P.D. and she seemed to do fairly well with with the help of her medication/inhaler. A good way for them to find out is to visit The Villages for a month or so in August.
Thank you....appreciate that...
Old 10-07-2013, 08:30 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceafolks View Post
I agree. I have "mild to moderate" COPD.I'm a year round resident and I do just fine.
Very good to know. Thank you and stay healthy.
Closed Thread

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.