Can anyone recommend an orthopedic surgeon that does minimally invasive hip surgery

Closed Thread
Old 04-09-2017, 08:54 PM
Default Can anyone recommend an orthopedic surgeon that does minimally invasive hip surgery

Can anyone share their experience with an Orthopedist around the Villages that does this type of surgery?? Thanks in advance..!
Old 04-10-2017, 06:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spec1620 View Post
Out of TV I can
Please send me a private message on who the referral is if you don't want to post it publicly...Thank You...
Old 04-10-2017, 10:56 AM

can anyone recommend a good dermatologist please
Old 04-10-2017, 01:58 PM

DR Rogers in ocala does the new type surgery. does it only at Marion west where all rooms are private and you are treated GREAT!!! He did mine on a Friday afternoon and sent me home Sunday morning with no restrictions or therapy. I needed no walker or crutches believe it or not ! Only pain I had was the clamps used to close the incision pulled a little when I bent my leg too far. Unbelievable compared to my traditional hip surgery 9 years ago . (352) 620 - 1900
Old 04-10-2017, 02:21 PM
Platinum member

Dr. Lochner who I think is in the same practice as Rogers (above). The Orthopedic Institute. Lochner has done several minimally invasive hip replacements in our neighborhood.
Old 04-10-2017, 02:28 PM
Veteran member
Location: MI, LA, IN, IL, MI (2), MA, NC, CA (2)A, FL, VA, RI, NH, OR (2), FL (2), WI (2), MN

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrich61 View Post
Can anyone share their experience with an Orthopedist around the Villages that does this type of surgery?? Thanks in advance..!
What type of hip surgery is this going to be? I had left hip arthroplasty surgery, meaning the hip joint was replaced. I was on my way home only 24 hours after the surgery. What made it tough though was trying not to sleep on that side of my body and doing exercises. I was able to drive though in just a few days because I did not need my left leg to press on the accelator and brake. If it is your right leg, you won't be able to drive for at least six weeks.

Any hip surgery is invasive, no matter how minimally it may be done.

My doctor was trained at Mayo so go there if you can. Mayo has supposedly the best orthopedic service.
Old 04-13-2017, 09:14 AM
Dancing Thyme

My husband (actually my ex- but that's not important) was turned down by 4 doctors from the Villages to Ocala to have hip replacement due to various reasons. Sad because he liked some of the doctors but they felt he needed the replacement done by a doctor who uses computer technology to do the surgery.

Long story short, we found Dr. Dean Cole in Orlando who did his surgery 2 weeks ago. You couldn't ask for a more remarkable doctor, he is tops in this field, does the surgery at Orlando hospital on Orange. Everyone was very accommodating and Dr. Cole is brilliant and an awfully nice guy. Surgery came out fantastic, in hospital for 2 days and no rehab needed. Scar is about 5" on thigh and looks very clean. Can't say its painless but it is very non-invasive and easiest we thought he would have. I highly recommend Dr. Cole, he is definitely worth the trip.

Bronx ♫ Los Angeles ♫ Hadley, Sept. 08 and then the beautiful village of Mallory Square 2014

A true friend is someone who thinks that you are a good egg even though he knows that you are slightly cracked."

(For those who know me) I consider ON TIME to be when I get there.....
Closed Thread

Tags
surgery, villages, advance, type, orthopedist

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.