Canadian Pharmacies

Closed Thread
Old 01-26-2008, 02:28 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,751 Times in 1,386 Posts
Default Canadian Pharmacies

Does anyone have EXPERIENCE using any of the Canadian pharmacies for reduced price prescriptions? Any other sources to reduce prices of the newer prescriptions that we are "soaked" for in the US?
We have done the transition to any Rx that has a generic and buy them at Walmart paying cash price which does not go against the donut hole accumulation.
We have also gone to the higher doses and cut them in half, which is a substantial savings.
we buy the 90 day supply from the mail order Rx houses which affords some savings also.
The remaining challenge is the latest and greatest, that are deemed necessary by the doctor. Some Canadian providers do in fact have significantly lower prices on these Rx's.
Looking for any with experience.

BTK
Old 01-26-2008, 02:33 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,665 Times in 594 Posts
Default Re: Canadian Pharmacies

I do all that you do regarding Wal-Mart and higher doses, etc.

We have bought Nystatin from a canadian pharmacy because it's over-the-counter there and didn't need a doctor co-pay, etc. and it worked great. Not much experience, but no problems thus far.
Old 01-26-2008, 08:25 PM
Platinum member

A friends doctor recommended htpp://www.canadadrugs.com I used them a few years ago before Part D. I was pleased with their service. It is easy to go to their web site and check their prices.
Tampa, FL
Old 03-28-2008, 11:15 PM
Sage

I am also wondering about ordering prescriptions from Canada. Just found my new doctor and she is totally against it. She says that these drugs really come from all over the world and really doesn't trust that guidelines and restrictions are the same as US. My hubby disagrees because he's researched it, but I'm so confused now. My doctor pointed out to me that the box of generic Lipitor I was holding, that I had purchased through Canada, read made in India. I hadn't even noticed that. If someone has any information on how safe these drugs are or any experiences they've had, please answer. I really like this doctor and tend to believe her, but I don't know. Thanks.
Old 03-29-2008, 09:58 PM
Veteran member

I've heard on the radio that 30-40% of prescription drugs we buy here are manufactured in China but haven't been able to substantiate that yet. With all the problems with Chinese products we've seen lately, I wonder about the drugs available through CVS, Walgreen's et al if some are from China. I always thought the drugs we buy here were all manufactured in the states so whether they're bought in Canada or here, there was no difference. A bit naive I guess. Anyhow, check the prices at costco.com. You can look up prices on-line. They're usually a lot cheaper than the major chains, at least on the generics and you don't have to be a member to use the pharmacy.

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.