Canadian pharmacies

Closed Thread
Old 01-31-2016, 02:38 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by dotti105 View Post
I have been using a pharmacy in India for several years after doing LOTS of research on the drug manufacturers they use and the quality control.
I am a RN and would not purchase from them until after I vetted them.
I trust Dottie's statement that she has vetted alldaychemist.com.
Dottie did lots of research and I would encourage others to do the same.
There are some reputable companies for sure, and also some companies that produce drugs that may cause harm.
It pays to do due diligence and check out the online companies before using them.
Old 02-01-2016, 06:29 AM
Veteran member

This might be my favorite TOTV discussion of all time! Thanks so much to those of you taking the time to share your experiences.

Drank the Kool-Aid and now own a home in Tamarind Grove. Yippee!!
Old 02-01-2016, 08:02 AM

There is a place called Canadian Meds Wildwood at 1102 N Main st. that I have used. Nice mom and pop couple run it. I'm comfortable using a place where I can sit down and assess who I am dealing with. Always had good service and like someone said on this thread the drugs ordered by this company come from the same major suppliers used by many US pharmacies. Their # is 352 399 7002. Closed on Wednesday.
Old 02-01-2016, 08:25 AM

I've been using Northwest Pharmacy in Vancouver for the past 5 years and never had a single problem. One of the medications I take (Pradaxa) has no generic equivalent comes in the exact same factory package as that from the drug store or Optumm Rx, at about 1/3 the cost of drug store prices.

Also - they have generic equivalents for some medications that are not available in the US, much cheaper, and again, I've never had a problem. You.can email them a copy of your prescription or send it by mail if you wish.
Old 02-01-2016, 08:49 AM

A couple of years ago I had used Canadian Meds in Paradise Shopping Ctr. just before you get to Oakwood Smokehouse on 27/441. A friend of mine who had used them said her Dr. said they were a safe one. The Pharamist's name was Tim. Not sure if he is still there. The number I have is 633-3301, 633-3306. You can go in and ask them all the questions you want about where the particular medication you want comes from, etc.
Old 02-01-2016, 09:32 AM

There are many good pharmacies in Canada that undoubtedly get their drugs from the same overseas locations as Walgreens. I can only speak about Ontario but the reason our drugs are cheaper is not because they are made in a hut somewhere... it's because our drug prices are regulated by a government that believes in universal healthcare. I am still a bit suspicious of on-line sites for me or my dogs but brick and mortar locations exit with 500+ stores province wide (Shoppers Drug Mart and Dell are the two that immediately come to mind.) You could buy from there without concern... I'm not sure about the legalities of cross border drug shopping but I wouldn't hesitate about the quality of the drugs themselves.
Old 02-01-2016, 09:41 AM

We've used Global Pharmacy. 855-475-7782 They will send you a brochure.
Old 02-01-2016, 09:51 AM
Gold member
Send a message via AIM to Shirleevee

I use PlanetDrugsDirect.com and have not had any problems.

Staten Island, N.Y./The Villages
Old 02-01-2016, 10:41 AM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim32 View Post
I've been using Northwest Pharmacy in Vancouver for the past 5 years and never had a single problem. One of the medications I take (Pradaxa) has no generic equivalent comes in the exact same factory package as that from the drug store or Optumm Rx, at about 1/3 the cost of drug store prices.

Also - they have generic equivalents for some medications that are not available in the US, much cheaper, and again, I've never had a problem. You.can email them a copy of your prescription or send it by mail if you wish.
I as well have been using Northwest Pharmacy for the past 18 years. Very professional. Never, ever had a problem. At this time I'm only getting one medicine, but it is a huge savings. $36.85 for 3 months compared to $45.00 for one month here. Insurance does not cover. https://www.northwestpharmacy.com
Old 02-01-2016, 02:46 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,301 Times in 2,369 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerryann View Post
I as well have been using Northwest Pharmacy for the past 18 years. Very professional. Never, ever had a problem. At this time I'm only getting one medicine, but it is a huge savings. $36.85 for 3 months compared to $45.00 for one month here. Insurance does not cover. https://www.northwestpharmacy.com
Why doesn't the insurance cover?
Old 02-01-2016, 03:15 PM

Canada Pharmacy 1-800-891-0844
My husband's Opthalmologist referred him to this pharmacy when his eye drops for glaucoma became too expensive. He ordered from them for many years before getting prescription coverage. His eye pressure is no better, no worse when getting the drops locally. I currently order my Actonel from them as the cost is less than my insurance co-pay. My primary here in TV knew I was going to order from Canada and did not discourage me. Hope you find this helpful.
Old 02-01-2016, 07:58 PM

The Canadian Pharmacy in Belleville is very good. We have dealt with them for approximately 4 years.
Old 02-01-2016, 09:02 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
Why doesn't the insurance cover?
Because the insurance company feels they know more than the Doctors do. I take very few drugs and not ONE is covered by insurance. I could fight it, but they're very inexpensive...so I just pay. The only one I get from Canada is just worth it. (That particular one they will cover in cream, not tablet). None of the advantage plans will cover any of the meds I take.

I'm in the midst of a much bigger fight with the insurance to pay for hospitals and doctors that are not on my plan.

My advice to anyone that can afford it.....(once 65).....stay with original Medicare and get a medigap (secondary) to pick up the overage. It is so worth it if something unexpected happens.
Old 02-01-2016, 09:04 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by super5089 View Post
The Canadian Pharmacy in Belleville is very good. We have dealt with them for approximately 4 years.
I've never heard of Belleville, but if you're talking Bellview....they were on a news program not that long ago after dealing with bad drugs from other countries. I would steer clear of them......or have your drugs tested.
Old 02-01-2016, 09:30 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerryann View Post
I've never heard of Belleville, but if you're talking Bellview....they were on a news program not that long ago after dealing with bad drugs from other countries. I would steer clear of them......or have your drugs tested.
If one is suspicious about the drugs they are sent I didn't know you can have them tested? Where do you go for that?
This is the most helpful thread I can remember. I think it takes a certain amount of courage to share what you know with others so they can get help too.
thank-you
Closed Thread

Tags
canadian, pharmacies, prescription, drugs, canada, reputable, and/or

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.