Canadian pharmacies

Closed Thread
Old 02-01-2016, 10:25 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomwed View Post
If one is suspicious about the drugs they are sent I didn't know you can have them tested? Where do you go for that?
This is the most helpful thread I can remember. I think it takes a certain amount of courage to share what you know with others so they can get help too.
thank-you
I'm not certain about the drug testing. I do remember a few years back someone finding a "suspicious" pill in their home where teenagers lived. They took the pill to the local pharmacy for "testing".

My comment about the Bellview Pharmacy was in regards to an investigative show....ABC News Investigation Into Counterfeit Prescription Drug Operations in the US. If anyone is interested it can be googled and the info is there. I'd be leery of using them.

As for as the Canadian Pharmacy I use, (Northwest Pharmacy) I am very confident in their practices. Their supply is no different than the suppliers here in the U.S. A good percentage of U.S. Drugs come from various countries.
Old 02-02-2016, 08:14 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,301 Times in 2,369 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerryann View Post
I've never heard of Belleville, but if you're talking Bellview....they were on a news program not that long ago after dealing with bad drugs from other countries. I would steer clear of them......or have your drugs tested.
Actually its Belleview.
Old 02-02-2016, 09:31 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfette View Post
Does anyone know of any reputable Canadian pharmacies and/or gotten any prescription drugs from Canada?
I would say, ask a Canadian!
Old 02-08-2016, 08:14 AM
Send a message via ICQ to Nannyof3 Send a message via AIM to Nannyof3 Send a message via Yahoo to Nannyof3 Send a message via Skype™ to Nannyof3

I have been using Northwest Pharmacy out of BC, Canada for several years. They have save me a lot of money. you can go to their website and look up your drugs. they may have some generics that are not available in the US yet. I get one genereic and 2 brand names.
Canadian Pharmacy 1-866-539-5330
Old 02-08-2016, 08:53 AM

Both my wife (an RN) and I have been ordering drugs from Jan Drugs in Calgary for close to 15 years. Like Dottie, we did quite a bit of research before choosing a pharmacy. We don't get all of our drugs from Canada... only the ones where the insurance company co-pay is higher than the actual cost of the drug. We get the same medications by the same manufacturers in the same packaging as we would get at Walgreens, but for considerably less money. We'll ignore the insurance and pay cash for the drugs from Jan Drugs. eDrugSearch dot com is one website you can use to find a reputable Canadian or foreign pharmacy.

Last edited by chuck90199; 02-08-2016 at 08:54 AM. Reason: grammer
Old 02-08-2016, 09:58 AM

Another 60 Minutes piece - 60 Minutes Confirms Drug Companies are Bankrupting Americans - The People's Pharmacy

Sadly, this discussion should not have to occur. It's simply a failure of the system(s), both Capitalism (greed) and Political (politicians bought and paid for).

Remember in November.
Old 02-08-2016, 11:48 AM
Default Purchasing brand/generic drugs from Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfette View Post
Does anyone know of any reputable Canadian pharmacies and/or gotten any prescription drugs from Canada?
My prescription coverage maxes out at $1,500, so for the brand drug ADVAIR (GlaxoSmithKline - GSK) for 3 months is retail $1,100. I can get the generic Serevent manufactured by GSK outside the US for around $100ish and pay out of pocket. My doctor up north would always write 2 scripts for the same med so I could use one under my insurance and the other ordered from a Canadian outlet outside the US.

I use down here Canadian Discount RX Services in Belleview. I scan the script, attach it to an email, they call me back, and it is charged to a CC. I am very specific about what med I want, and have found NO DIFFERENCE between what I can get from the brand vs. the generic. In fact, for Spiriva, the delivery method is much better for the generic - Tiova with the Rotahaler - than the brand here in the US, and my doctor up north agreed.

Always, caveat emptor, but I have been very happy ordering thru the Canadian supply chain. Just because it's manufactured in India doesn't necessarily mean it is ineffective.
Old 02-08-2016, 11:57 AM
Sage
Thanked 4,743 Times in 1,383 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hal :-) View Post
Another 60 Minutes piece - 60 Minutes Confirms Drug Companies are Bankrupting Americans - The People's Pharmacy

Sadly, this discussion should not have to occur. It's simply a failure of the system(s), both Capitalism (greed) and Political (politicians bought and paid for).

Remember in November.
This is what we get when the special interest groups, pharmaceutical industialsists in this case, can donate to a party or congressmen or both and get special treatment.

Good for the pharmaceuticals, good for the politicians and we the people get the shaft.
Remind me who it is these clowns in Washington represent? And who is it that continues to be stupid enough to continue re-electing these clowns.

They do it because we the people either allow it or just as usual do nothing about it but complain.

This is where a little of the Trump attitude might send the politicians and the special interest groups packing. We should at a minimum be letting them know we know what they are doing.

However they have become insensitive to our needs and accustomed to the facts that nobody will interfere.

We are getting what we deserve.
Old 02-08-2016, 12:43 PM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by billethkid View Post
This is what we get when the special interest groups, pharmaceutical industialsists in this case, can donate to a party or congressmen or both and get special treatment.

Good for the pharmaceuticals, good for the politicians and we the people get the shaft.

Remind me who it is these clowns in Washington represent? And who is it that continues to be stupid enough to continue re-electing these clowns.

They do it because we the people either allow it or just as usual do nothing about it but complain.

This is where a little of the Trump attitude might send the politicians and the special interest groups packing. We should at a minimum be letting them know we know what they are doing.

However they have become insensitive to our needs and accustomed to the facts that nobody will interfere.

We are getting what we deserve.
[My emphasis above.]

I couldn't agree more!

"Medicare did not cover outpatient prescription drugs until January 1, 2006, when it implemented the Medicare Part D prescription drug benefit, authorized by Congress under the 'Medicare Prescription Drug, Improvement, and Modernization Act of 2003.' "

From the time Medicare Part D was created in 2003 and was implemented in 2006, I could see it would be a disaster for seniors and—and vocally said so—in terms of cost of drugs and donut holes. It was clear that it was designed to serve the pharmaceutical and insurance industries and not the senior citizenry. The "clowns," to use the word in the quote, who foisted this on us are no longer in office. And we can remember too that at first it was made illegal for seniors to purchase prescriptions drugs out the U.S.!

I filled a prescription in Canada (rather than through a Canadian pharmacy in the U.S.), and the cost for a three-month supply was $162. I just went to refill it using my Part D plan last week, and its cost would have been $603! I declined it and instead will get it filled in Canada again. Simply outrageous!

Last edited by Quixote; 02-08-2016 at 12:45 PM. Reason: fix formatting
Old 02-08-2016, 03:50 PM

Canadians have some of the strongest regulations and standards on drugs in the world. What is sold online and called Canadian drugs may or may not be Canadian, check it out or order directly. It is interesting though that some drugs accepted here are banned and said leading to cancer in Canada and perhaps vice versa but since you would have a prescription, your drug would be okay end by your physician. Some things you buy here over the counter requires a prescription there and so on...
Old 02-08-2016, 04:32 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,301 Times in 2,369 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamplighter View Post
Canadians have some of the strongest regulations and standards on drugs in the world. What is sold online and called Canadian drugs may or may not be Canadian, check it out or order directly. It is interesting though that some drugs accepted here are banned and said leading to cancer in Canada and perhaps vice versa but since you would have a prescription, your drug would be okay end by your physician. Some things you buy here over the counter requires a prescription there and so on...
A lot are coming from Asia and India, underground.........watch/ read the 60 Minutes reports.
Old 02-08-2016, 05:33 PM
Sage
Thanked 4,743 Times in 1,383 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
A lot are coming from Asia and India, underground.........watch/ read the 60 Minutes reports.
If one stays with the USA pharmaceutical suppliers in Asia and India, buying only the same meds that are shipped to the USA there is no problem.

It eliminates all the profiteers between the customer and the suppliers/shippers/.
Old 02-08-2016, 06:14 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
So are the meds you are getting from your pharmacy. Ask your pharmacist where your meds came from....you'll be surprised.
Old 02-08-2016, 08:08 PM

Yes, I have used Jan Drugs for several years and they are great. Very easy to work with, and they will get you the best prices. I take Imitrex for migraines. Here in the states The cost of each 100 MG pill can run any where from $12.00 to $18.00. I get the generic and I pay $124.00 for 36 pills. Try them.
Old 02-09-2016, 09:42 PM
Veteran member

I've been using Planet Drugs for years for my Evista and what a big difference in cost. Never had a problem.
Closed Thread

Tags
canadian, pharmacies, prescription, drugs, canada, reputable, and/or

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.