Chiropractic-lower back -do you really need it

Closed Thread
Old 02-11-2017, 08:42 AM
Default Chiropractic-lower back -do you really need it

Well what a sad story. I started getting lower back pain shooting around my buttocks and down my leg a few inches in mid November. I started seeing a Chicropractor who charged several thousand dollars for a series of 24 decompression and adjustment sessions. He made 0 progress and after 20 visits I said this is ridiculous. A gentleman turned me on to a Doctor of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation who examined me and told me that my issue was very tight muscles in my butt and hip. After 1 45 minute session on his machine, at a cost of my $35 co-pay, all my pain was gone. For those of you on medicare they love it.This more proves to me the point that going to Chiropractors for some things are ridiculous but of course they'll always tell you they'll help.
Old 02-11-2017, 09:09 AM

Could you, please, share the name and contact information of the doctor who helped you. I'm having similar issues.

Diane
Old 02-11-2017, 09:51 AM
Sage

Sometimes what we think is sciatica is really the piriformis muscle (google it) that is pinched in our sacral area. I too had what the OP described. Had an MRI, did the steroid shots to no avail. Then went to P.T. and they did stretches, heat therapy and it went away. That was 2 yrs ago. Then around this past Christmas something similar came back and I saw Dr. Michelle with Southern Trace Chiropractic. She doesn't do fancy machines etc. I had the heat treatments again, then she did her adjustment (which isn't the "bone crunching" kind)...plus attention to the piriformis muscle by both her and her massage therapist. The pain and muscle spasms are gone!
Old 02-11-2017, 09:55 AM
Sage
Thanked 6,147 Times in 2,246 Posts

77Kenkard, I would also like the name of the doctor that helped you, as I have some lower back pain.
Thank you, VT
Old 02-11-2017, 10:08 AM
Veteran member
Default Chiropractor, Sciatica etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 77kenkard View Post
Well what a sad story. I started getting lower back pain shooting around my buttocks and down my leg a few inches in mid November. I started seeing a Chicropractor who charged several thousand dollars for a series of 24 decompression and adjustment sessions. He made 0 progress and after 20 visits I said this is ridiculous. A gentleman turned me on to a Doctor of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation who examined me and told me that my issue was very tight muscles in my butt and hip. After 1 45 minute session on his machine, at a cost of my $35 co-pay, all my pain was gone. For those of you on medicare they love it.This more proves to me the point that going to Chiropractors for some things are ridiculous but of course they'll always tell you they'll help.
Hi, I go to Legacy and see Dr Chris. He is great for me. Found 5 others in Villages area who could not get me adjusted. Also, found if they have a bunch of electric gadgets,,,,,,,, walk away now.
bbbbbb

Old 02-11-2017, 10:33 AM
Soaring Eagle member

Quote:
Chiropractic is the biggest spin in America (IMO). Have had progressive lower back problems for about 10 yrs. (now 78 yrs old) First referred to Physical Therapist who gave me several back exercises and recommended that I do them each day in a hot tub. These can also be found on line Mayo Clinic. I was at the point of significant physical impairment.
Bought a hot tub and have done these exercises in 102deg 5 to 7 days a week for 5 yrs. Bad discs are still there but impairment and related pain is gone.

As for Chiropractors-- Caveat Emptor
Old 02-12-2017, 08:23 PM
Angry Chiropractor

I am guessing that the person who had 24 sessions for lower back pain was a patient at Davis Chiropractic. He advertises very heavily in the Daily Sun. This man and his business are a money making scheme like no other I have encountered. These treatments are useless, and doing some research will assure you of that. Also, check out Seniors Against Crime. Unbelievable number of complaints. In my opinion, a fraud like no other, and should be shut down.
Old 02-13-2017, 07:06 AM

villagetinker - the Dr. that's helped me is Dr.Botner at Mullberry Medicine in Lake Sumter. I only had 1 session on their muscle stretching machine and all the pain in my back is gone. Is it permanently we'll see.

bbbbbb - Dr.Chris, although I like him he proved useless to me after 20 visits, but they were good at taking all my money especially since they aren't a BCBS provider. I'm glad he was able to help you.
Old 02-13-2017, 09:03 AM
Sage
Thanked 6,147 Times in 2,246 Posts

Thank you for the follow-up info.
Old 02-13-2017, 09:43 AM

So, who/where is the doctor who does manual adjustments? Those fancy machines are worthless! And they sounds like a staple gun!
Old 02-14-2017, 08:55 AM
Sage
Location: The Villages and the Northern Neck on the Chesapeake Bay, VA.
Thanked 3,109 Times in 1,341 Posts

Walking, lots of walking, has helped my disk in my lower back.
Old 02-15-2017, 07:29 AM

Disks are not necessary the cause of lower back pain. Much lower back pain can be the cause of tight muscles around the bone. Start walking in the pool with the water about mid back to shoulders.
Old 04-24-2017, 11:12 AM
Veteran member
Default Chiropractor

Quote:
villagetinker - the Dr. that's helped me is Dr.Botner at Mullberry Medicine in Lake Sumter. I only had 1 session on their muscle stretching machine and all the pain in my back is gone. Is it permanently we'll see.

bbbbbb - Dr.Chris, although I like him he proved useless to me after 20 visits, but they were good at taking all my money especially since they aren't a BCBS provider. I'm glad he was able to help you.
Hi, thanks for the reply. Dr. Chris does my back adjustments and it works because I have 4 lower disks that slip a bit or whatever and he gets it fixed, it may not work for other persons. With a Chiro if it does not work in three visits, move on. Dr. Davis has all the fancy electronic equipment and if you see his ads in the Sun, he can do everything and solve anything, jut see his claims, BS..
I tried 5 Chiros in this area before Dr. Chris at Legacy and it does work for me there, the othes do not. A batch of electronic toys is just that, toys, just add money.
bbbbbb
Closed Thread

Tags
pain, back, ridiculous, started, rehabilitation

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.