Chiropractor for sciatica

Closed Thread
Old 02-04-2017, 06:22 AM
Default Chiropractor for sciatica

I'm looking for a chiropractor that does manipulation therapy. Those thumping gun devices are worthless on sciatica. Any suggestions?
Old 02-04-2017, 07:24 AM
Sage

Dr Stephen Hines, Chiropractic Centre, in Baylee Plaza, is wonderful. Old school, traditional treatments ... he takes his time, listens to you and really cares about his patients. He is truly a student of his craft and has remarkable knowledge about many health and medical topics far beyond just cracking backs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 02-04-2017, 08:33 AM
Default Legacy Clinic of Chiropractic

Quote:
Originally Posted by kansasrph View Post
I'm looking for a chiropractor that does manipulation therapy. Those thumping gun devices are worthless on sciatica. Any suggestions?
Dr. Kessler or Dr. Theeck at Legacy Clinic. Both are remarkable and you will see relief! I am so happy with my results.

(352) 259-0024
Old 02-04-2017, 09:46 AM
Sage

I was very pleased with the treatment I received for my sciatica from Dr. Brent Compton at Compton Chiropractic, Palm Ridge Plaza, 352-391-9467.
Old 02-04-2017, 12:33 PM
Sage

I've had this issue for years and have had the activator and the bone-crunching kind of chirpractic. I want to tell you about my most recent experience. I think many of us really have what is called impingement of the performis muscle. I see Dr. Michelle with Southern Trace Chiropractic and had mentioned this to her. She did some sort of stretch on me plus I went to one of the massage therapists there who addressed that AND my "sciatic" pain went away. I'm not saying what you're experiencing isn't sciatica...it might be but the stretches really helped my pain (which was significant enough to cause muscle spasms). But Google Periformis Muscle and just read up on what's said about it. Also, on Facebook an ad will come up with some sort of expensive device one can order to help with the stretches. I didn't buy one BUT it did give me a head's up on what quite possibly could be my issue. Want to add here I've also been diagnosed with stenosis of the discs in my lumbar spine so it can be an either/or issue for us as we age.
Old 02-04-2017, 12:57 PM

I am a massage therapist and can attest to the evils of a tight pirformis muscle. Many people think you can only have sciatica issues due to disc issues but that muscle is very frequently the culprit.

George

Quote:
Originally Posted by NotGolfer View Post
I've had this issue for years and have had the activator and the bone-crunching kind of chirpractic. I want to tell you about my most recent experience. I think many of us really have what is called impingement of the performis muscle. I see Dr. Michelle with Southern Trace Chiropractic and had mentioned this to her. She did some sort of stretch on me plus I went to one of the massage therapists there who addressed that AND my "sciatic" pain went away. I'm not saying what you're experiencing isn't sciatica...it might be but the stretches really helped my pain (which was significant enough to cause muscle spasms). But Google Periformis Muscle and just read up on what's said about it. Also, on Facebook an ad will come up with some sort of expensive device one can order to help with the stretches. I didn't buy one BUT it did give me a head's up on what quite possibly could be my issue. Want to add here I've also been diagnosed with stenosis of the discs in my lumbar spine so it can be an either/or issue for us as we age.
Old 02-04-2017, 01:01 PM
Sage

Has anyone successfully used Physiotherapy for sciatica?
If so, please make a recommendation for a good Physiotherapist.
Old 02-04-2017, 01:34 PM
Sage

Had a massage yesterday that took care of mine. If you get the right massage therapist they can really help with this.
Old 02-04-2017, 02:18 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by FMF Doc View Post
I am a massage therapist and can attest to the evils of a tight pirformis muscle. Many people think you can only have sciatica issues due to disc issues but that muscle is very frequently the culprit.

George
Thank you!!!!! I wish there was a "LIKE" feature on this site. I didn't know about the pirformis muscle until this past year. I've gone the gamut of the steroid (sets of 3) shots to my spine, physical therapy (the last time did help...so speaks to the stretches). I was told at that P.T. that my issue was sacral and he could tell by looking at my MRI. Never said anything about pirformis at all. I had to see it online. Thank you George for your comment!!
Old 02-04-2017, 05:31 PM
Veteran member
Default Chiropractor, Sciatica etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kansasrph View Post
Hi, I have been to many Chiropractors outside and in the Villages. OK, I will try to help If I go into a Chiropractor or phone them, this is the rules, take it or leave it. No Xrays, no electronic toys, no seminars going on and on. I finally found Dr. Chris at LEGACY. He is great for me. You have to be very careful with chiros, some want you to come back and come back, do not fall for that. I tried 5 different ones in the Villages before Dr. Chris. And, if you want xrays, then go to a Medical center because they have a Radiologist who is trained well in Xrays, chiros do not usually get that training, so be careful. So that is my suggestion and good luck, no toys, no toys and no long seminars of talk, talk, talk.

bbbbbb

Closed Thread

Tags
chiropractor, sciatica, devices, gun, suggestions

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.