Cramps in my legs

Closed Thread
Old 04-23-2016, 03:39 PM

Like Graciegirl, I have heard that leg cramps could indicate a potassium deficiency. I'd ask your doctor to check it.
Old 04-23-2016, 08:54 PM
Veteran member

Sounds like dehydration to me. Cramps are my first sign. Try a drink with electrolytes like G2.
Old 04-24-2016, 09:10 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,507 Times in 677 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcrazorbackfan View Post
Years ago when my son was playing HS football, early in the season when it was still hot, a lot of the players would cramp up. The team Doctor would make them take big gulps of yellow mustard, i.e. "French's", and that would eliminate the cramps. The last couple of years, especially after playing 18 and then working in the yard, I would get severe cramps, so I started doing the mustard and it really does help.
I'll be honest, when I read this a few days ago I kind of rolled my eyes.

After an attack of a severe cramp on the inside of my right thigh this evening and feeling desperate, I tried it.

I won't swear that it wasn't the Gatorade, copious amounts of water, pushing in the muscle and trying to straighten it out or the mustard that worked...but something did.

Thanks.
Old 04-24-2016, 11:10 PM
Gold member
Default I agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2BNTV View Post
My recommendation is to try coconut water. Very high in potassium.

It is sold at Publix.
The potassium in a 11 Oz container of Cocoa Viva is 620 mg! you would have to drink a whole lot of gatorade to get 620 mg.

We use it to make smoothies. But i also like to just drink it right before bedtime. I actually like the flavor and it has totaly stopped my leg and foot cramps. (foot cramps are THE WORST!!!!)

Give it a shot!
Old 04-25-2016, 06:54 PM

Not vinegar. You need Quinn's, which comes in tonic water. You can get tonic water with lime in it. My husband and I both have terrible leg cramps, until we started taking this. Take it at least before bed every night. You can take it anytime, but we had cramps at night so we take it before bed. I am sure this will help. Good luck
Closed Thread

Tags
cramps, leg, foot, restless, water, pill, use, bottles, day, gave, help.what, pill, relaxing, lotion, drink, prescription, muscle, cramp, thigh, thank, kind, legs, bad, husband, drank, god, nights

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.