Dentist

Closed Thread
Old 07-11-2016, 01:05 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,154 Times in 770 Posts

I go to Dr Whitt in Lady Lake. He's very god and very fair. Tells you everything in advance. I can't say the same for his office staff or some of his assistants, but unfortunately that's a problem that seems to be endemic in this area.

"Love my doctors hate is staff" is the most common complaint that I hear around these parts.
The Beatlemaniacs of The Villages meet every Friday 10:00am at the O'Dell Recreation Center.

"I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend." - Thomas Jefferson to William Hamilton, April 22, 1800.
Old 07-12-2016, 09:01 AM
Veteran member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoanCCF View Post
My doctor recommended Dr. Richard Walter to me. His office is at 1501 US-441, Suite 1302, Lady Lake. I have an appointment with him in August. If you go on the internet, you will see great reviews for him.
Pulled wrong tooth, Pushes crowns over fillings, Find a different Dentist.
Old 07-12-2016, 02:56 PM

Seems to be a wide opinion of the dentists here. It gets so frustrating.
Old 07-20-2016, 07:50 AM

Dr. Forrest Jenkins is very good and reasonable- does not push anything that does not need to be done compared to the up sell of Aspen Dental. Love his office staff and hygenist
Old 07-20-2016, 07:54 AM
Sage
Thanked 5,996 Times in 2,197 Posts

We use Baylee Dental, on 441 just south of 42. We are both cowards, and she is VERY good. NOTE this practice does not accept dental insurance, they give you a receipt that you send it and get reimbursement directly from your insurance. Not a problem for us, as we do not carry dental insurance.
Old 09-04-2016, 07:48 PM

Ok This has been extremely helpful and I thank you all! After looking at the patient reviews, I will give Dr. Forrest Jerkins a call
Old 09-04-2016, 08:49 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,493 Times in 1,903 Posts
Send a message via AIM to graciegirl

We like Palm Ridge Dental, In strip mall next to Publix strip mall, behind Eye hospital on 466.

Both Dr. Kathleen Williams and Dr. Reem Jabar were trained in Gainesville at University of Florida. Excellent, the best dentistry I have ever encountered.
Old 11-17-2016, 10:56 AM
Veteran member

My husband started going to Lifetime Dentistry and so far he has been happy. I go to Bushnell Family Dentistry. I know it's far but I think they are honest and not a rip off. They don't take my insurance but I don't think they do unnecessary work.
Old 11-17-2016, 03:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonnevie View Post
I like Dr. Jerkins in Fruitland Park. doesn't recommend anything that doesn't need to be done. I go for cleanings twice a year. no waiting, efficient staff, in and out.
Ditto....Ditto....Ditto
Old 11-17-2016, 06:02 PM
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by graciegirl View Post
We like Palm Ridge Dental, In strip mall next to Publix strip mall, behind Eye hospital on 466.

Both Dr. Kathleen Williams and Dr. Reem Jabar were trained in Gainesville at University of Florida. Excellent, the best dentistry I have ever encountered.
Their most obvious plus is how they don't try to sell you but to take care of you. I've never had an emergency that wasn't seen the same day.
Old 11-17-2016, 08:29 PM
Gold member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny46 View Post
I am having trouble finding a dentist. Does anyone have any comments on Aspen Dental?
Dr. Bailey at Marion Dental Group west side of 441 across from Lowes. My best dental care ever !!
Old 11-17-2016, 11:39 PM
Platinum member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Winston O Boogie jr View Post
I go to Dr Whitt in Lady Lake. He's very god and very fair. Tells you everything in advance. I can't say the same for his office staff or some of his assistants, but unfortunately that's a problem that seems to be endemic in this area.

"Love my doctors hate is staff" is the most common complaint that I hear around these parts.
Been going there for a few years. Every time I go I get a different hygienist. The front desk has turned over too. Seems the staff only stays a few months then they leave.

The last cleaning recommended periodontal work and two crowns. Seems the hygienist gets a commission on work recommended. Went to a new dentist and they never mentioned two crowns and periodontal work.

Although I liked him, I'm happy not going back to Whitt.

Skip
Old 11-18-2016, 08:27 PM

Heritage Dental/Dentist on the square (Sumter Landing)
I use Heritage in Lady Lake, there sister office is in Sumter. Have been going here for eight years. Always on time, reasonable cost.
Dr Korn brought in a husband and wife, who I have been told are very good.
Old 11-21-2016, 08:08 PM

Linda Pelosi (no relation to Nancy) at Dentistry on the Square (Sumter Landing across from Fidelity). My wife and I have been going there for the last 18 months and we love her. My wife needed crowns after her WI periodontist placed implants after a broken bridge. We hunted around for someone to do the crowns and settled on Dr. Pelosi after interviewing several dentists. When we got back to WI the periodontist wanted to see what kind of job she did and we were concerned he might find something wrong. On the contrary, he said she did "an excellent job" and even wrote her a letter telling her so. The periodontist is a man who's been around a long time and has seen a lot of good and bad so we were relieved to get his independent evaluation. Everyone in the office has been super and they don't seem to be in the business of pushing stuff for the sake of drumming up business. Whenever we've had a problem (new issues that came up a couple of times) we've been seen that day and taken care of.

Last edited by Bonsai Golfer; 11-21-2016 at 08:17 PM.
Closed Thread

Tags
dentist, comments, dental, aspen, trouble

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.