Default Dentist Villages Health Care

New member Villages Heath Care

Looking for recommendation for a good honest Dentist who accepts
The Villages Health Care

Thanks
Old 03-23-2017, 12:23 PM
Sage
Thanked 5,301 Times in 2,369 Posts

Didn't Villages Health make a recommendation?
Old 03-23-2017, 01:23 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,343 Times in 519 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bogie Shooter View Post
Didn't Villages Health make a recommendation?
I'm sure they will
Posted hoping to get recommendations and experiences from viewers who have actually visited a dental practice that accepts
The Villages Health Care System
Old 03-23-2017, 02:16 PM
Sage

Wildwood Family Dentistry on 301...been going for 3 yrs. Really like them!
Old 03-23-2017, 04:10 PM
Sage

I belong to Villages Health and I believe they will only play for cleaning and maybe x-ray. For that reason I stay with my regular dentist whom I like.
Old 03-23-2017, 05:26 PM
Sage
Thanked 2,954 Times in 1,160 Posts

From a thread that ran earlier this month;

good luck-I went to a practice on United Health Care list-I was supposed to be charged $0 for visit,$0 for x-rays and get a free cleaning-They charged me $10 for visit and said the $0 co-pay was at their discretion,took more x-rays than supposed to without telling me and charged for those.As for the free cleaning they told me they'd do that on next visit when I come back for the deep cleaning for $400.I never went back.This was at the place on 441 near the the Comcast office.

I also went to the dentist near the comcast. I was charge $38.00 dollars. $10.00 for observation whatever that means. $28.00 for vertical bite wings that they said is not covered. I was told I had periodontal work needed and that would be $1,341.00. I had this work done about 3 years ago and regular cleanings. Plus they said lots of cavities and of course like all dentist like to do the crowns, etc. I never asked estimate for that work. When I asked about discount for the periodontal work they said there is no discount. The united health care medical advantage plan only covers xrays and cleaning twice a year. No discount fee for anything else. Full price. Call the united health care dental and you will find this out. I went an brought a dental plan from dental plans.com I chose Cigna dental and am going back to my dentist in Bushnell. I trust them. Its a bit of a ride but it gets me out of my bubble. I saved over $1,000.00 on my 2 bridges when I had the dental plan. There are several dentists I can go to in the villages with the Cigna plan but I am going back to my dentist in bushnell.

Hi everyone. I can also confirm the above comments about the dentists I've go to so far. They mislead, quote work that doesn't need to be done and don't accept most discount plans. And as for the UHC twice a year cleaning and check-up, for get about it. I called up and made an appointment at the Sumter Landing Dental Care office for one of my UHC (United HealthCare) benefit cleanings because of an ad they placed in the paper. I also asked the gal making my appointment if they still accepted the UHC plan. She said they did. When I got there, the tech took me in and took a complete set of X-rays, then took me into an exam room and took bite wing X-rays as well. I asked him if there was going to be a charge for it, and he said, no it was part of their new patient program. Then the dentist came in and did a pocket check and like explained above, pushed into the bone so hard I jumped. Did't get an apology or anything. Long story short I was handed an estimate to the tune of $689.00. I said okay, I'll consider it, and now do we clean my teeth? He said no, I need root scaling and was told the UHC cleanings are for people with "healthy mouths". I get a cleaning every 4 months due to my past issues and take extremely good care of my teeth and gums. So, I left and headed over to the UHC office in Brownwood. I asked the customer agent if they were indeed part of the plan benefits. I showed her the paper ad I cut out. She didn't even have to look, she said they used to be but haven't been authorized for quite some time. My other bad experience was at the Grand Traverse Dental office, where I did get a cleaning a year ago, but was told I needed 2 crowns very soon. When I was back in MN and went to my original dentist for a check up and cleaning, he gave me a thumbs up and and said see you next time. I asked him if I needed any crowns. I got a funny look and then explained my experience with Grand Traverse. I showed which 2 teeth I was told needed a crown. He said they were fine and did not need to be crowned. He told me to look for a different dentist in TV. So, if anyone out there can really recommend a good dentist that isn't just looking to fill there wallet, please let me know.

Here is the thread: Dentists
Old 03-31-2017, 09:12 AM

You are right. They only pay for cleaning twice a year and xrays I believe once a year. And me to for that reason I stay with my dentist and I have a dental plan and get a discount. I did go to a dentist and used the plan. Big mistake. She told me I needed deep root cleaning and that the charge would be over $1,000.00. And that would be before they would do the cleaning. I went back to my dentist and no I did not need a deep root cleaning as I did have one about 2 years ago and now I go for regular cleaning. Shame there are alot of dentist out to make you spend a fortune.
Old 03-31-2017, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_W View Post
From a thread that ran earlier this month;

good luck-I went to a practice on United Health Care list-I was supposed to be charged $0 for visit,$0 for x-rays and get a free cleaning-They charged me $10 for visit and said the $0 co-pay was at their discretion,took more x-rays than supposed to without telling me and charged for those.As for the free cleaning they told me they'd do that on next visit when I come back for the deep cleaning for $400.I never went back.This was at the place on 441 near the the Comcast office.

I also went to the dentist near the comcast. I was charge $38.00 dollars. $10.00 for observation whatever that means. $28.00 for vertical bite wings that they said is not covered. I was told I had periodontal work needed and that would be $1,341.00. I had this work done about 3 years ago and regular cleanings. Plus they said lots of cavities and of course like all dentist like to do the crowns, etc. I never asked estimate for that work. When I asked about discount for the periodontal work they said there is no discount. The united health care medical advantage plan only covers xrays and cleaning twice a year. No discount fee for anything else. Full price. Call the united health care dental and you will find this out. I went an brought a dental plan from dental plans.com I chose Cigna dental and am going back to my dentist in Bushnell. I trust them. Its a bit of a ride but it gets me out of my bubble. I saved over $1,000.00 on my 2 bridges when I had the dental plan. There are several dentists I can go to in the villages with the Cigna plan but I am going back to my dentist in bushnell.

Hi everyone. I can also confirm the above comments about the dentists I've go to so far. They mislead, quote work that doesn't need to be done and don't accept most discount plans. And as for the UHC twice a year cleaning and check-up, for get about it. I called up and made an appointment at the Sumter Landing Dental Care office for one of my UHC (United HealthCare) benefit cleanings because of an ad they placed in the paper. I also asked the gal making my appointment if they still accepted the UHC plan. She said they did. When I got there, the tech took me in and took a complete set of X-rays, then took me into an exam room and took bite wing X-rays as well. I asked him if there was going to be a charge for it, and he said, no it was part of their new patient program. Then the dentist came in and did a pocket check and like explained above, pushed into the bone so hard I jumped. Did't get an apology or anything. Long story short I was handed an estimate to the tune of $689.00. I said okay, I'll consider it, and now do we clean my teeth? He said no, I need root scaling and was told the UHC cleanings are for people with "healthy mouths". I get a cleaning every 4 months due to my past issues and take extremely good care of my teeth and gums. So, I left and headed over to the UHC office in Brownwood. I asked the customer agent if they were indeed part of the plan benefits. I showed her the paper ad I cut out. She didn't even have to look, she said they used to be but haven't been authorized for quite some time. My other bad experience was at the Grand Traverse Dental office, where I did get a cleaning a year ago, but was told I needed 2 crowns very soon. When I was back in MN and went to my original dentist for a check up and cleaning, he gave me a thumbs up and and said see you next time. I asked him if I needed any crowns. I got a funny look and then explained my experience with Grand Traverse. I showed which 2 teeth I was told needed a crown. He said they were fine and did not need to be crowned. He told me to look for a different dentist in TV. So, if anyone out there can really recommend a good dentist that isn't just looking to fill there wallet, please let me know.

Here is the thread: Dentists
Wow I have had the same experience as John W. I went to same dentist by comcast. Same price for the deep cleaning. lol Must be standard practice for them. I to go to Bushnell dental they are fantastic. Its a little of a ride but gets me out of the bubble and its worth the trip. And I have a dental plan.
Old 03-31-2017, 10:14 PM
Platinum member

I think the bottom line is, their is little to no dental coverage provided by any of these Medicare Advantage Plans despite the hype of their advertising and what the agents say and if you do find someone who accepts the plan, they want most of your bank account and your first born to boot.
Old 03-31-2017, 10:21 PM
Location: Village of Hillsborough. (Past) Gilbertsvile, PA and Philadelphia, PA

Stay away from Grande Traverse Dental. They practice deceptive billing practices
Old 07-12-2017, 06:35 PM

Went to Grand Traverse Dental 7/10/17 for cleaning. I was told i need a crown, 2 fillings and deep cleaning. A $ 2400 cost. I said I'll think about it.
I am still looking for a honest Dentist.
Old 07-14-2017, 04:08 PM
Sage
Thanked 1,647 Times in 589 Posts

The Wildwood dentist, first thing with my "free cleaning and xrays" told me I needed mega-thousands in dental work - all stuff that I had already discussed the need for with my current dentist - and I was told that I really didn't need all that by any means. I'm disillusioned by UHC dentists
Old 09-05-2017, 01:52 PM

Has anyone been to a neuromuscular dentist in the villages. I have TMJ and am having a hard time to find. Thank you
Old 09-06-2017, 06:14 AM

I have to say, dental insurance is or would be nice to have. On the other hand the dentists have come together and brainstormed a way that they could get in one or two appointments for annual cleaning. That is the real problem. You used to go and get your teeth cleaned. Bam, done. Now you go in and get checked out the day you thought you were going to get your teeth cleaned only to find out your not. Oh no, not today. You have to make another appointment for a deep cleaning and maybe you have to see a periodontist for a couple more appointments, Dah! We are under the gun as far as dental service. They have all united to do the same procedure for cleaning. There's no way out. You have to get your teeth cleaned so find a dentist you like and pay the price, your going to pay it anywhere you go.
Old 09-06-2017, 09:44 AM
Send a message via AIM to Lscahill

Does anyone have a recommendation for a dentist in the Metlife network?
Closed Thread

Tags
care, villages, dentist, health, honest

You are viewing a new design of the TOTV site. Click here to revert to the old version.